Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

double whammy

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

Last night my 16 yo dd took some NyQuil thinking she had the sinus crud that everyone and their dog has right now. This morning she had 102 temp and felt worse, so I took her to the dr and the poor thing tested positive for BOTH strep and the flu. So we went to get her Tamiflu ($135!!!) and antibiotic, tylenol and face masks and brought her back home where she is now in isolation until Monday. Poor baby is sick sick. Now I get to keep their 8 week old boy until Monday :) His daddy would keep him, but I said no because he has 3 jobs and is dog ass exhausted all the time. I'm sure he'll be stopping by pretty often to get some baby sugar though lol. I'm just praying that the baby wasn't exposed, but the dr said he should be ok since bd is the one who put him down last night and got him ready this morning (angel already sleeps through the night), so fingers are crossed.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Your 16 yo has a 8 week old baby and now has the flu & strep? Boy that sucks. Probably still healing from having a baby and now this. Hope she feels better soon. 

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
aww..hope she gets better.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM

oh man, that sucks. poor thing new baby and now sick :(

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM

WOW!  the best medicine to give is tea! try those celestial teas, mmm, good. Have her take one cup a day especially after she gets well, she will never get sick again.  Honey does the job too!  

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Oh no, hope she feels better soon and baby stays healthy!!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:20 AM
On no! Hope she feels better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Sorry you are dealing with a sick child.  I hope she feels better soon. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Poor thing. My son is just getting over Influenza A and a sinus infection, and his dr gave him 2 different medicines for it.  After about 24 hours of being on the meds he was almost back to his normal self.  I was very happy to see that!  So far all he's shared with me is a very bad cold and I'm hoping thats all I get!  Hope she feels better soon!

carlajrn2013
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Day 3 and she's starting to feel a little better. Baby's not sick yet, thank God. I saw this video the other day and LMFAO!!! I love it!!!

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Your 16 yo has a 8 week old baby and now has the flu & strep? Boy that sucks. Probably still healing from having a baby and now this. Hope she feels better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN