Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Supervised visitation

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM
  • 5 Replies
My ex was wounded in Iraq.. Suffers from alot of mental issues and gets social security disability due to it. My daughter is three years old and my ex has never been a part of her life. Seen her twice in the last 13 months. Greene county ohio is actually considering letting him have her unsupervised in his home every Sunday for 8 hours. I'm trying my hardest to fight it in court. Spent thousands of dollars in attorneys fees but he still won't give up. He doesn't show up to court ordered visitation and hasn't done anything the courts have ordered him to do and every time we go into court the judge gives him more time to complete classes and gives him more visits that he doesn't show up to. These visits are 45 mins away from my home and I have to drive all the way out there for him not to show up but I'm under court order so I have to. Is anyone else having any problems like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I don't but here's a bump for you.  Hopefully one of the other moms can help!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had that issue, but have you asked to have an advocate involved in helping to decide if this is a good idea for your daughter?  I'd think that since she really doesn't know her dad, this would be the way to go.

Quoting Bea1657:

My ex was wounded in Iraq.. Suffers from alot of mental issues and gets social security disability due to it. My daughter is three years old and my ex has never been a part of her life. Seen her twice in the last 13 months. Greene county ohio is actually considering letting him have her unsupervised in his home every Sunday for 8 hours. I'm trying my hardest to fight it in court. Spent thousands of dollars in attorneys fees but he still won't give up. He doesn't show up to court ordered visitation and hasn't done anything the courts have ordered him to do and every time we go into court the judge gives him more time to complete classes and gives him more visits that he doesn't show up to. These visits are 45 mins away from my home and I have to drive all the way out there for him not to show up but I'm under court order so I have to. Is anyone else having any problems like this?

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Good luck!!!
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Sounds like he's doing it to be a pain In the ass.
Bea1657
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
That's exactly what he's doing.. He does shit just to piss me off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN