Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

IDK WHAT TO SAY!?!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 20 Replies

Okay so I'm a single mom and me and my DD moved to georgia in august 2012 and her dad lives in Nebraska and he is a good guy we just are better off as friends anyway we had agreed that our DD would go see him 6wks in the summer from may-june. Well today he called and asked if he could possibly pick her up in MARCH and bring her back in JUNE! OMG! I have never been away from our DD and she's 3 but he made a point that he hasnt seen her since August but still I need some advice ladies! Do I suck it up and let her go or stick to the 6weeks?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what i'd do in that situation but here's a bump for you!

LilAsMom526
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Good luck mama! If the bd is a good guy and he already sees your dd 6 weeks. I don't see why not? It's good he wants to see his daughter more. But that's up to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM
4 moms liked this

That's a long time.  How about maybe for a week or two in March and then stick to the summer plans?

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I like this idea!

Quoting amonkeymom:

That's a long time.  How about maybe for a week or two in March and then stick to the summer plans?

gabuckeye
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in GA, too.  I dont' think I could be without my kids that long.  Our custody papers say ex can have kids for 4 weeks in summer but not for more than two weeks at a time.  If I move away then he can have them for all but the first and last week of summer vacation, plus one weekend a month and Christmas.  I couldn't do that either. 

If you aren't comfortable, then I'd say NO.  4 months is a long time to for a child to be away from either parent. 
Amonkeysmom has a good idea or stick with the summer plan.

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let the child go.  Next year the kid will be going to school, the father won't be able to take her.  You have her all year, let him enjoy her, time goes by quick.  It's hard at first, but it's also fair for the other parent as well as the child.  

lamommy23
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM

That is exactly what he said. and I'm trying not to be selfish I suggested that he come see her a few weeks in March and come for her in May he told me he would come for her in April instead so I wouldnt worry so much but I still do. 

Quoting mytrueloveS:

I would let the child go.  Next year the kid will be going to school, the father won't be able to take her.  You have her all year, let him enjoy her, time goes by quick.  It's hard at first, but it's also fair for the other parent as well as the child.  

lamommy23
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:05 PM

thank y'all for your input its much appreciated simple smile

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I think that's very fair. Of course it's hard for you mama, but they deserve to have that time together. Especially since he won't be able to see her so much when she goes to school. Deep breaths! As long as you know she's in good hands than there's nothing to worry about. :)

Quoting lamommy23:

That is exactly what he said. and I'm trying not to be selfish I suggested that he come see her a few weeks in March and come for her in May he told me he would come for her in April instead so I wouldnt worry so much but I still do. 

Quoting mytrueloveS:

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM

If he's expressing that much interest as hard as it would be for me, I'd probably jump on it - especially since you do think he's a good guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)