Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

suffering post pardum depression

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 17 Replies
my baby is 2 months old. lately I have been crying a lot having anger fits ... I have suicidal thoughts like when I'm driving I feel like crashing into a car ... I cry yell at myself and I say hurtful things to myself, I also think about scrapping my baby's head throwing him away or just harming him . I've read on the Internet that this is normal but can be serious depression I'm also a single mom and actually got pregnant the first month of knowing this guy I feel unwanted and unloved .. I usually don't want to cheer up and I'm worried cuz its like I want to be down all the time.... help! any stories or advice will help...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to get help ASAP....find someone to take your baby and go see a DR right away.
allycat2120
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Yes I had it so badly I was hospitalise for it. My son is now 3 and I just had another baby almost 3 weeks ago and scared im going to have it bad again. I am on meds tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

You should definitely talk to your doctor about your feelings, especially since you've had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of harming your child.

There is a lot of help out there and no reason to give up hope.

hugs  Amy

Emiliush
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM

same here, i feel your pain. i get help from my parents!! when i told this to my ob/gyn she suggssested me to take vitamin B6 [or 16 cant remember haha] but i didn't take it..

January1964
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Postpartum depression is normal. You need to see a doctor right away. Once you get help, you'll feel better. The first step is realization, so you should feel good about that. You can get thru this.

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Hun you need to get help. Those arent normal thoughts. I have had ppd THREE times. In fact i still have ppd at 14 months pp. You need to find someone you trust to watch your child while you get help. You dont want to do something you may regret. Please get help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.roxxiepink
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
really to the point where u had those thoughts about ur baby? I know I won't do it I think I am just stressed out but I am going to tell my counselor ... see if she can help

Quoting allycat2120:

Yes I had it so badly I was hospitalise for it. My son is now 3 and I just had another baby almost 3 weeks ago and scared im going to have it bad again. I am on meds tho
ms.roxxiepink
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
that's good yea my mom helps me feed him and carry him and put him to sleep but these feelings just come strongly but I don't feel this way all the time maybe once or twice a day

Quoting Emiliush:

same here, i feel your pain. i get help from my parents!! when i told this to my ob/gyn she suggssested me to take vitamin B6 [or 16 cant remember haha] but i didn't take it..

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Make an appt to see your dr for evaluations.

allycat2120
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I didnt have thoughts of hurting him. I just at times would go days without being around him. then I didnt want to ever put him down. and I cried alot and was mad alot.

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

really to the point where u had those thoughts about ur baby? I know I won't do it I think I am just stressed out but I am going to tell my counselor ... see if she can help

Quoting allycat2120:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)