Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Unbelievable... (vent)

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

Tonight I came home from a wonderful night with my boyfriend, to find that my almost 15 month old son needs to go to the ER because the babysitter gave him to much sugar (after I said "no sugar") and he ran straight into a table. Well he got a nice cut right on his cheek. I ran him to the ER asap and my poor little guy got 7 stitches in his face. If you give a babysitter specific rules they're suppose to abide by them, am I wrong? THIS is why I don't trust anyone but me and my family with my child. I am so beyond irritated. Now I am going to be up ALL night with a cranky baby who's in pain because my babysitter couldn't follow one simple instruction. Sorry for the rant ladies, people can just be so aggravating!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Aww I'm sorry :( I agree with you, thats one of the reasons I don't use a sitter (but that's what I do, go figure lol) but no one could handle my son, heck idek how i do it half the time. did he hit the table before you got home? Did she call you and tell you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I've had her watch him a few times before and she was great.. I don't know what happened.. He hit the table BEFORE I got home and no, she did NOT call me to let me know. She said he did it about an hour before I got home. And I was at the movies and she didn't want to "disturb me and make me miss the movie".

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Oh no *hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

yikes. she should have listened about sugar and called you when it happened. hopefully your little guy heals fast and the pain goes away

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Uh oh! Hope he's doing ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I dont understand what the sugar had to do with anything sorry??

Mommyandme878
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I do not allow my son to have any sugar unless i's a special occasion, because once he has a little he finds ways to get more.. And she had given him so much chocolate and cake... she let my 15 month old baby had soda... sundrop to be exact, the most sugary soda out there. And he got cazy and ran around the house and hit his face. He is doing ok... still VERY cranky. he won't leave it alone.. He should feel better in a few days. Thank you for all the concerns.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Did she do it intentionally or did she feed him something that she wasn't aware had alot of sugar by mistake? If she did it intentionally, I wouldn't use her again, but don't let this be the reason to not trust sitters because there are many very good ones out there.

harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM

yikes!!! time for a new sitter! 

one of my friends had a baby sitter that took it upon herself to cut her sons hair.... she was livid because she was trying to grow it out!!!

i don't understand ppl sometimes.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)