Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hello All...

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM
  • 18 Replies

Just want to introduce myself. I'm Darbi, a 28yr old single mom of one 6 month old boy, who is currently having a VERY sleepless and unusually clingy night (I STILL have not been to bed yet lol!) because of his shots and possible teething. I'm totally not going to go into what he's normally like because I would probably make some ladies green with envy and/or hate me lol! 

Right now, as I type this, he is awake for what seems like the 1,000th time tonight/this morning, only sleeping 30-45 minutes, maybe an hour at most in a stretch. He is sprawled across my chest, belly down with his head on my left shoulder. Completely awake, moaning and groaning, its hard to tell if he's trying to go back to sleep or not at this point lol. Ocassionally he lifts his head to look around and "talk". It has been this way most of the night, with him mostly sleeping cuddled in my arms (Highly unusual btw. He is normally very independent and has always put himself to sleep from the very beginning).

So, here I am, signing up for Mom forums at 5 & 6am lol! 

He's an adorable, amazing, inspiring, intelligent little guy and I love him with all my heart! He is definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

I'm currently enrolled full time in community college, starting classes Monday (1/7) and will be working toward my A.S. in Criminology/Criminal Justice. I'm determined to become fully self sufficient and be out on my own by the time my son starts kindergarten. 

Just looking to connect with other Moms (Single, Married, whatever...) that can give and receive support when times get tough. I would really love to make some connections and get to know some new people. 

Darbi

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jacobsmom0110
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!! I am also a single mom and going to school and working full time. It can get tough at times but just keep your head up!! I used to be a criminal justice major. I switched majors after my son was born but some days I wish that I hadn't. Hope your little one starts feeling better. A mixture of shots and teething is never fun :(

otoole
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

hey welcome and well done on doing it all yourself. he could be going through a growth sprut too, they often get really clingy and whiny when they are going through one

Mommy2OneBoy621
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Thank you! 

Luckily (or not lol) I'm not working right now, and my parents are able to help us out. I'm currently on State assistance (welfare) but I'm definitely looking forward to the day I can request them to close my case! Don't get me wrong, it is definitely helping, but I don't want to be on it any longer than absolutely neccessary. 

Let me tell ya... my little one is NEVER this clingy, he normally hates beeing cuddled to sleep or held while he's sleeping, but that's the only way he has really slept tonight. Thank heaven for cuban coffee and CafeMom or else I'd probably be insane right about now lol!

Mommy2OneBoy621
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Otoole,

Thank you as well... yeah, I'm starting to think its probably a mix of all three. This is the absolute worst night he has had since he was born. He's always slept like a little champ! He's been sleeping through the night, 8-12 hours solid since he was roughly three and a half months. Up until then, he did feeding every 4 hours on the dot, around the clock. I have to say though, I really don't mind dealing with a night like this purely because I have been so completely blessed with such a wonderful, mild mannered baby boy!

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
librarywizard
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

Mommy2OneBoy621
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome :-) 

I look forward to getting to know some or all of you ladies in the future! :-D

Darbi

aka

Hunter's Mommy <3   

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Welcome!!!! I'm glad you found us!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2OneBoy621
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Thank you, I am too! 

I'm definitely hopeful and optimistic about making some new friends! 

Darbi
aka
<3 Hunter's Mommy <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)