Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Here we go again

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 21 Replies
Well again my 17 yr old. Last night I found out he had purchased a movie on tv for 19.00 without asking. He's never done it before but all I said was "well you can pay me back for that, you have Christmas money". From then on he went from happy laughing everything great to total opposite. he told me to "f" off. I told him to hand me his phone, which he did surprisingly. when I told him to go to his room he flat out told me no and didn't. I just left the room at that point to keep from exploding. I saw his laptop on my way back to my room and picked that up too. Later I told him to put his retainer in and he refused to look at me or answer me. I told him " fine, your choice, you've chosen to have consequences for acting like this" and walked off. He then yelled at me "give me my retainer". I gave it to him and he turned and said " "f" you, go to bed". Yes he told ME to go to bed. There was no point in arguing. I have his phone and laptop now. Today I'm going to go through his room and remove everything but his bed and sheets and basic clothing for this week. The answer to every request of his this week will be "no". He will go ballistic at this and there is no telling what he will do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sthflachk
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck with that! I would also make him clean everything to substitute smacking the shit out of him for cursing at you. Also, you can put a password on the pay per view.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM
How disrespectful ...sounds like you need to have a heart to heart. What is going on with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM
What kind of movie would cost $19? Never heard of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2OneBoy621
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like some serious tough love! I applaud you, and hopefully he doesn't do anything too stupid/harmful when/if he does go ballistic. If my son ever ends up acting the same way when he gets older, I plan on the same techniques. I was no angel growing up, but I NEVER would have acted like that with my parents... I would have gotten my teeth knocked down my throat!

Stick to your guns Momma and good luck! 

Purpleiris1967
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Thanks for the support. He does have a lot of serious emotional issues from child abuse, but its not right for him to treat me this way because he is so angry with what happened to him. I am at fault for not being tough enough on him because I felt so sorry for what he went through and always trying to make up for it by being too nice. I have created a monster. Now I have to live with it or do something about it. I just hope it's not too late.
Purpleiris1967
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM
He bought a Lord of the Rings movie instead of renting it because it wasn't available for rent.

Quoting ashleywagoner:

Purpleiris1967
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Also, his dad treated me this way so when my son does it it seriously triggers me. I close up and crumble inside. I feel like he has all the control and I have none. It's the only time I feel like that. Otherwise I'm a strong person. My other two children, ages 20 and 24 have never and would never treat me this way. They were raised in the same mess as children and I over compensated with them too but they never came close to being a monster like this one. He scares me. I feel like I have no power over him.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Good job keeping your cool good luck mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Ohhh gotcha

Quoting Purpleiris1967:

He bought a Lord of the Rings movie instead of renting it because it wasn't available for rent.

Quoting ashleywagoner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

I don't understand what the problem is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN