Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

low income and food...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 21 Replies

is anyone else on a low income and struggles at the end of the month with food?

I am eating 1 slice of bread a day so my boys have bread for lunch.

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaT710
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I have struggled before with money and food and making sure my boys are took care of.  I hate to hear situations like this, have you tried to apply for food stamps or anything that may apply in the state you live in with Social Service help??

Mommy2OneBoy621
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Look into any possible local food banks. Most churches and no profits run these. They are there to help, so make use of the resources. :-)

Good luck Momma! 

Darbi
aka
<3 Hunter's Mommy <3

momma1708
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I am right there with you. Can you apply for food stamps? I am finishing my application this week and I have to reapply for medicad because it will be up at the end of the month and I can't let that happen. I can't wait till I don't need to be on welfare. I hate it. 

MaKaylaMommy11
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Do you have a crisis center in your area ? I know they give food out to ppl, or the salvation army , they give out food and things too.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Food banks helped me I lived off if different combos of top ramen with different things like beans eggs vegetables ground beef 1% milk. Food banks and wic helped a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sirianit
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM

unfortunatly I don't live in the US and we don't have things like that here :(

cklamour
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Hun. Do you have friends or family that can await you? Even a good neighbor that can "lend" some extras?

Quoting sirianit:

unfortunatly I don't live in the US and we don't have things like that here :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I struggle everyday.  Not just end of the month.

camommy08
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes Ive has that issue before when I was with my ex and we only made like 1400 a month. I to would eat random things like cheerios as a snack. I made up a budget for our food planned out meals.  its hard but it can be done.  one of the meals my mom came up with is one of my fav meals ever. its soo simple 3 ingredients it just past ground beef and stewed tomatoes. I also use to buy those big 5 lbs ground beefs and divide it up so it helped make at least 4-5 meals.

happy57
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Depending on where you live I believe there should be food banks you can use,also snaps(food stamps),nothing wrong with getting whatever help there is out there.Also there could be churches that have food pantries

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)