Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Pregnant and Heartbroken..ADVICE!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi Moms! I am a 20 year old service member and I am 17 weeks pregnant. The father and I had broken up on my terms before I knew I was pregnant...when i told him he freaked out and tried to pressure and abortion but i didnt want to do it...now he says he hates me and wants nothing to do with me or my child..he said i was just for fun even after he said he was in love with me now im heartbroken and alone and dont know how to handle all of this :(((((

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Don't count on him but keep him informed unless he asks you not to. Most young men don't welcome the news of an unplanned pregnancy with someone they are not serious with.

You will be surprised what you can do. You will be fine. Your military career will likely be fine. Just DONT go and have OThER kids as a single mom wih other dudes. Many have and are fine but it compounds your difficulties In life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JuneBuggaLee
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting faerie75:

Don't count on him but keep him informed unless he asks you not to. Most young men don't welcome the news of an unplanned pregnancy with someone they are not serious with.

You will be surprised what you can do. You will be fine. Your military career will likely be fine. Just DONT go and have OThER kids as a single mom wih other dudes. Many have and are fine but it compounds your difficulties In life.

Thanks and that makes sense..i guess right now im just in shock about how unaccepting he is.

Srvp20
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I'm so sorry guys are assholes but it happens hun my son is now 3 and his BF nowhere around. I think it's much better that way. Just do anything and everything you can for you and your LO.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Welcome! If you want keep him updated like Casey said. Be prepared to do this in your own. Utilize your resources and start looking into them now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I can understand why he doesn't want to accept.... honestly who wants to have a baby they dont want to be with? I mean you had already broken up with him so i am sure he is in disbelief and denial. But what's happened has happened. You can't expect him to be there. You need to be prepared to do it on your own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuneBuggaLee
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:42 PM

even with all the reasoning and logic i dont understand he pops in and outta my life whenever he wants...am i supposed to just take that through out this whole thing? one minute he wants to be there the next minute he doesnt ..i dont want to be with him so im having a hard time figuring out why he wont make up his mind thats NOT fair to me...

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM
You are letting him pop in and out of your life. You need to decide what is best for you and don't allow him to treat you that way. Preg or not, you choose how others treat you

Quoting JuneBuggaLee:

even with all the reasoning and logic i dont understand he pops in and outta my life whenever he wants...am i supposed to just take that through out this whole thing? one minute he wants to be there the next minute he doesnt ..i dont want to be with him so im having a hard time figuring out why he wont make up his mind thats NOT fair to me...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep him informed but have no other communication with him. As time goes by, he may change his mind and want to be a dad. Sometimes it takes men a long time to accept and deal with it, but leave the door open. In the meantime plan on doing it by yourself. You are stronger than you realize and you can be a single mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuneBuggaLee
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM

im just holding on to a chance that he would want to be there for me i guess..

Strength4Karma
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs* i kno the feeling. Pm me if u ever need sumone to talk to 1 on 1
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN