Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Any of you single mommies thought of checking out a dating site or have? Lol how did that go?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
kim8934
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I met my current bf online, we've been together for about 4 years.

Here's my advice, it doesn't matter what website.  The habitual daters will be on all of them.  Be very careful and ask a lot of questions.  once you get their information, do an online background check on them.

you asked what are the red flags, here are some examples: you never meet, unanswered questions, self-employed (90% mean unemployed).

I did a background check on one of the guys, he didn't show up anywhere.  Why? lied about his name.  When I did find out his real name, I did a background check and he was all over the court access system.

My friends want me to write a book about the whole process, mostly my experiences, I'm still considering that.  Please feel free to message me if you want help, I'm more than willing to help anyone I can.  I have helped a number of friends meet their current husbands/boyfriends.

Momof1014
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Umm... I have! I hated it! Unless I was just on the wrong site... But everyone on there just wanted to hook up and have sex! That was not what I was looking for! I was looking for love! The only thing I can say is love will come when you least expect it! So I've stopped looking! I deleted my page on the site after a month! I was tired of men asking me stupid questions that made me feel like i was in high school and making me feel disrespected! But some people have found love through it! My mom met a guy online and now they're married! Who knows it could work!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I have before and am currently on one.

Srvp20
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I tried Plenty of fish lol omg yes I guess a Red flag would be if I don't reply to their message...they keep messaging me wth get a clue dude lol idk I signed up last night, just logged in and have 174 messages non of which interest me. Lol
allwritenow
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay so funny story....

I've been dabbling in online dating for awhile. I am VERY careful, and NEVER take communication off whatever site I'm on until I am comfortable that I'm not communicating with a scammer. I am currently dating a guy I met online back in September. Come to find out, he's my son's vice principal!! That was a bit AWKWARD, to say the least. :-D Once we got beyond that (and informed all of our various children), we were good.

wink

My advice: BE CAREFUL. There are a lot of crazy people out there, but there are also some gems.

Nikki286
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I used POF and met my current boyfriend a year ago  on it

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Same here. I don't have anytime where I am alone-I'm either in class, doing assignments or with DS. 

Quoting morethanamemory:

Lol this. I so don't have time to go out and meet someone. Between work dd and house work I rarely get to go out when me and a friend get together we normally do something kid friendly. I rarely go out without. DD.

Quoting Srvp20:

This is so true I have 2 boys so kinda hard for me to ever go out and meet someone which is why I want to try a dating site

Quoting charmgirl:

How do you ladies find time for dating? I feel like my entire being is strictly devoted to my son or cleaning or working. Mainly cleaning and working :(

Srvp20
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Have any of you seen the state farm commercial where she meets her date online hahahahaha that made laugh
Mama_Gillogley
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM

yep... this is why when a guy i've known my whole life said he wants to date me but just needs to get his $hit together, after some thinking i finally said, "sweet, take your time, cuz right now, i really don't have any!" it sucks when you don't even have time for yourself. thinking about dating is just, insanity.

Quoting Kid_Cat_Mom2005:

Same here. I don't have anytime where I am alone-I'm either in class, doing assignments or with DS. 

Quoting morethanamemory:

Lol this. I so don't have time to go out and meet someone. Between work dd and house work I rarely get to go out when me and a friend get together we normally do something kid friendly. I rarely go out without. DD.

Quoting Srvp20:

This is so true I have 2 boys so kinda hard for me to ever go out and meet someone which is why I want to try a dating site

Quoting charmgirl:

How do you ladies find time for dating? I feel like my entire being is strictly devoted to my son or cleaning or working. Mainly cleaning and working :(

CaneJ79
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I have tried blackpeoplemeet.com, its browse at your own risk. There are a lot of cookie cutters on there with well written profiles and then there are the creeps.   Good Luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)