Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Any of you single mommies thought of checking out a dating site or have? Lol how did that go?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
sophia497
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i used this site as well it took longer than 24 hours to meet a good guy. i went on several dates with different guys but only 3 of them got a second date the first turned out to be a liar, the second turned out to be a over sensitive freak that wanted strange sex acts, but the third is an amazing man to me and my child and i wouldn't trade him for any man. 

Quoting kidlover2:

Plenty of fish. It's free, but be careful, it's a hookup site so a lot of creepers milling about. I didn't realize that when I joined.

Quoting Srvp20:

What website did you use?

Quoting kidlover2:

Dating online worked for me. I was on it for less than 24 hours. Went on a blind date the next day and 6 months later still madly in love. He is everything I was looking for and more. I wouldn't recommend it though.... I realize how lucky I am and uncommon this is. :)

Srvp20
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I've been in this site 2 days. Nobody interest me. I'm too picky I think, idk :(

Quoting sophia497:

i used this site as well it took longer than 24 hours to meet a good guy. i went on several dates with different guys but only 3 of them got a second date the first turned out to be a liar, the second turned out to be a over sensitive freak that wanted strange sex acts, but the third is an amazing man to me and my child and i wouldn't trade him for any man. 

Quoting kidlover2:

Plenty of fish. It's free, but be careful, it's a hookup site so a lot of creepers milling about. I didn't realize that when I joined.

Quoting Srvp20:

What website did you use?

Quoting kidlover2:

Dating online worked for me. I was on it for less than 24 hours. Went on a blind date the next day and 6 months later still madly in love. He is everything I was looking for and more. I wouldn't recommend it though.... I realize how lucky I am and uncommon this is. :)

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Where do you go to do the background checks?

Quoting kim8934:

I met my current bf online, we've been together for about 4 years.

Here's my advice, it doesn't matter what website.  The habitual daters will be on all of them.  Be very careful and ask a lot of questions.  once you get their information, do an online background check on them.

you asked what are the red flags, here are some examples: you never meet, unanswered questions, self-employed (90% mean unemployed).

I did a background check on one of the guys, he didn't show up anywhere.  Why? lied about his name.  When I did find out his real name, I did a background check and he was all over the court access system.

My friends want me to write a book about the whole process, mostly my experiences, I'm still considering that.  Please feel free to message me if you want help, I'm more than willing to help anyone I can.  I have helped a number of friends meet their current husbands/boyfriends.

kim8934
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

depending on the state you are in, you can do a google search of circuit court access and the state.  almost everything can be in there.

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting kim8934:

Here's my advice, it doesn't matter what website.  The habitual daters will be on all of them.  Be very careful and ask a lot of questions.  once you get their information, do an online background check on them.

you asked what are the red flags, here are some examples: you never meet, unanswered questions, self-employed (90% mean unemployed).

I did a background check on one of the guys, he didn't show up anywhere.  Why? lied about his name.  When I did find out his real name, I did a background check and he was all over the court access system.

My friends want me to write a book about the whole process, mostly my experiences, I'm still considering that.  Please feel free to message me if you want help, I'm more than willing to help anyone I can.  I have helped a number of friends meet their current husbands/boyfriends.

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Thank you!

Quoting kim8934:

depending on the state you are in, you can do a google search of circuit court access and the state.  almost everything can be in there.

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting kim8934:

prettyface1
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i been on plentyoffish.com and datehookup.com. the ones i met 2 guys from datehookup all they wanted was sex. and plentyoffish was no good either.  datehookup.com is another free dating site.

Srvp20
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I tried plenty of fish too many losers and quite impatient if I didn't respond to their message they would resend it or send something else like really guys I'm busy! Ugh it was annoying

Quoting prettyface1:

i been on plentyoffish.com and datehookup.com. the ones i met 2 guys from datehookup all they wanted was sex. and plentyoffish was no good either.  datehookup.com is another free dating site.

MoPain
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been on POF and have found that several of the guys are either super impatient like if I don't respond right away they will send the same message over and over or they want to move WAY too fast and get pissy when i won't meet them after the first message

Srvp20
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Yes this is exactly what I mean lol I don't even know how to delete the darn thing I just deleted the app from my phone.

Quoting MoPain:

I've been on POF and have found that several of the guys are either super impatient like if I don't respond right away they will send the same message over and over or they want to move WAY too fast and get pissy when i won't meet them after the first message

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I went on pof until I came across my exes profile so I deleted it I am on meetme I am finding guys that just want to hookup but I did meet a guy back in June her moved to Iowa and we had kept in contact the whole time he just moved back and I have never had a connection with anyone like I do this guy we are like best friends since he's been back we wasn't the same thing but taking it very slow and just on a friendship level
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)