Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Any of you single mommies thought of checking out a dating site or have? Lol how did that go?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (61-70):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I used plentyoffish because I couldnt afford any of the good ones.  LOL!  I had almost two years of bad luck.  I cant tell you how many dates Ive been on.  A few guys acted like they wanted a relationship but would just cut off contact after about a month with no explanations.  I HATE that. But FINALLY I have found a good one, and it turns out he was just 15 minutes away from me the whole time!

Zee26
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Yeah, the sites are plagued with guys that are only looking for sex.

Srvp20
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Who has seen catfish? Lmao
blondie0234
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I used Match.com! I went on a couple dates off there...talked to a few ppl..Got alot of way to old for me men askin me to reply. Was just about to give up when i got a message from the man I'm dating now. Couldn't be happier!!

Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I'm on one but it has a forum. That's really all I go on there for.  Don't really look around and see who's on there looking for dates or whatever. Just socializing like I do CM.

kary1124
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
yes! i love that show! i watch it every week. i met my bf online and told him i was glad he was who he said he was the first time i watched it lol

Quoting Srvp20:

Who has seen catfish? Lmao
efarrugia
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I feel the same way. I just don't seem to have time and no single friends to be out and about with. I had a friend who met a crazy man on harmony and I had to go help her after he trashed her place while she was out to dinner w her beat friend n best friends hubby. I'm too scared to go on those sites. I certainly don't want to meet a bar fly either.... my ex husband has tried the dating sites too and tells me the women are crazy and lie too...how can we make time for dating and how do you meet someone

achavez219
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I actually met my late dh online back in '01.  We ended up being together 10yrs before he passed away.  Thought I'd give it another shot so I tried Zoosk & the guy was wanting me to send him pics & skype after only an hour or two of messaging back and forth & I had made it clear that I wanted to take things insanely slow (its been well over 10yrs since I last dated lol).  I got a bad vibe from him & got pissy with me when I told him that I wasn't ready for that.  Deleted that profile quick lol

I've been on POF for a few days and I gotta say, I am talking to a few guys that seem nice enough.  Aren't afraid of answering all the questions I ask & understand that I want to take things slow.  Not impatient if I don't respond right away, and don't mind talking about their kids or whether the site is legit or not lol  Just taking things slow & keeping my guard up since I have 2 dd's that I have to look out for as well :)

abusednotbroken
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I am currently on one and find it weird. I'm not looking to jump into anything, but many of the people there aren't subsrcibers and so you can't exchange email, IM or anything else. So, I'm like "What's the point then? Just sign on to view pics?" I've had some legitimate men view my profile, but that's about it lol. My reason for signing on was more so about newly regained hope. I'm not ready ready for more. Just kind of looking and talking while I work on myself and have everything else settle more.

abusednotbroken
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM

What is POF?

Quoting achavez219:

I actually met my late dh online back in '01.  We ended up being together 10yrs before he passed away.  Thought I'd give it another shot so I tried Zoosk & the guy was wanting me to send him pics & skype after only an hour or two of messaging back and forth & I had made it clear that I wanted to take things insanely slow (its been well over 10yrs since I last dated lol).  I got a bad vibe from him & got pissy with me when I told him that I wasn't ready for that.  Deleted that profile quick lol

I've been on POF for a few days and I gotta say, I am talking to a few guys that seem nice enough.  Aren't afraid of answering all the questions I ask & understand that I want to take things slow.  Not impatient if I don't respond right away, and don't mind talking about their kids or whether the site is legit or not lol  Just taking things slow & keeping my guard up since I have 2 dd's that I have to look out for as well :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN