Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single and Sick

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
Nothing challenges me like being a single mom and being sick. Not adopting two babies on my own in one year, not moving across the country twice with babies for work. I love everyday with my girls and rarely have any complaints about the small stuff but...

I've had three bouts of acute sinusitis in 4 weeks, 3 Urgent Care trips because new primary doc couldn't fit me in, 3 antibiotics, steroids yada yada yada. I can't. be the mom I want to be when I feel so terrible.

Preaching to the choir but taking a double stroller to Doc with children in footie pjs cause I couldn't get it together to get them dressed is not my best moment. A well meaning mama at doc office offered me hair advice for my daughter's hair and I wanted to shout - I'm sick please give me a break on the hair thing. I took her phone number and will call when I'm better :)

Learning a few lessons: need more support (family is three hours away) and need to focus on my own health.

How do you handle being sick and single?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:52 AM
I just get some good meds get rest when i can. Let the house and non essential things go until i get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Hope you feel better soon!!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Don't know, I haven't been sick like that for a very long time.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Definitely not well!  I'd probably have told that other patient in the waiting room to shut up!  lol

I hope you feel better soon.

mammabug13
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I've been battling something like that for 3 weeks now.  Just get plent of rest and drink alot of fluids.  I've been napping when the kids nap and just rolling around on the floor with them when its time to play.  It's never easy when you are the only one you count on.  Stay possitive and feel better soon mommy!

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Honestly...I have no clue! lol I look back now and don't know how I got through half the stuff that I did! haha

I think as a mom you just DO it. Your love for your kids is such a strong driving force that some way, some how you just make it happen. Sure we may not always be perfect moms, but we're always giving our 100%, even if that 100% is half asleep and feeling like death inside! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN