Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

1st day of a brand new term!!

Any other single mothers out there who are in college? I just want to give a shout out to all of you and say that this term is going to rock. I'm taking medical terminology II, stress management, a basic HIPPA class and a digital photography class.

I'm also studying for my college's nursing program's entrance exam and am applying THIS JUNE for the nursing program- this is my main focus this term (there's less than a 1 in 4 chance that I'll get in my first try).

I'm jazzed and nervous and overwhelmed... what classes are all of you college single moms taking this term? What are your goals? What made you decide to go to college??

Love to all the single mamas out there, we can do it!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Replies (21-21):
Mama_Gillogley
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM

congrats!! i'm getting my CNA in just a week or two, i'm pretty excited. That's awesome how far along you already are in your degree. :) good for you! i've heard that neonatal and pediatrics are two totally different worlds, my ex's mom has been a nurse for 40 years and worked in the neonatal ICU- she said it is one of the most challenging things she's ever done and that she loves it. :) that's the great thing about nursing, there's so many different options available once you get your RN! good luck you on graduating college and acheiving all of the goals you've set for yourself- you can do anything you set your mind to, i really believe that. :) Being a NP would be awesome, you go girl!

Quoting Ellasmom1027:

I dont start school for another couple of weeks. I am taking medical terminology, medical ethics, intro to sociology, Pharmacotherapeutics, Pathophysiology, Microorganisms and Disease,and maybe Foundations of Nursing Practice. I already have my CNA. I want to get my B.S.N I am already applying to nursing schools right now and hope to hear back that I got in for the fall of 2013. I want to become a neonatal nurse practitioner or a Nurse practitioner in pediatrics. I have always had an interest in the medical field. I really want to graduate college to make a better life for myeself and my baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)