Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not sure about this... *Updat*

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 15 Replies

My ex claims to pay child support to the state but I don't believe him. I get cash aid and medical for my dd. he said because of that he pays it to the state. But my thing is we've never gone to court or anything. The last thing I did child support related was take my daughter to the child support office to take a paternity test which after several,Weeks later came back that of course he was the father. I haven't heard anything besides that and I just let it go. Well I took my dd to his familys house around Christmas time . I asked him if he had and money to help with his daughter and he said he gave me 200 the week before and that he pays child support.

He did give me 200 but his mom told me she gave him money to give to me! He denies that. So anyway, point is I don't believe him about paying child support. Anybody know if what he said is possible. Also I asked him how much he pays, at first he acted like he didn't know or wouldn't say. Weeks later he told me 3 hundred something. Which is what some papers I was sent way back on August said that they we're going to order from him think summons papers...

UPdate:

So I called child support office and I asked the lady what was going on with the case. I told her paternity was established months ago. Well, she told me that an order was sent to the court, and that the courts have to set up a date, etc. She told me to call back in a week... Ugh so my ex is such a liar. How are you going to lie to my face as if you are actually helping take care of your daughter. *Strangle*

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this
He's lying. You would have gone to court for the child support and even being on state aid you would get some of the support. You can call the child support agency and see what's going on. But don't believe him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I wouldn't believe him, check with your child support agency they will be able to tell you if in fact this is true or he blowing smoke, and he isn't paying make sure to report him. You should be getting child support is paternity is established he is employed.

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Call your child support office. That's just weird, you should be receiving money.  

nerdymom28
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM

He's lying. You would have an order from the state - you would have at least gotten some kind of notification. My ex pays his CS to the state as well so when he makes a payment it goes through them and they direct deposit it into my bank account. The line item on my statement actually says "State of Kansas child support center" or something to that effect. It does not have his name on it. Call your local Child Support Enforcement Center and they'll tell you exactly what is going on.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Yea I'm going to call but I figured he was lying but almost had me believing him. He's pathetic ugh!

Quoting nerdymom28:

He's lying. You would have an order from the state - you would have at least gotten some kind of notification. My ex pays his CS to the state as well so when he makes a payment it goes through them and they direct deposit it into my bank account. The line item on my statement actually says "State of Kansas child support center" or something to that effect. It does not have his name on it. Call your local Child Support Enforcement Center and they'll tell you exactly what is going on.

nerdymom28
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM

As they say, "the proof is in the pudding". If you haven't SEEN the money, he hasn't sent it. Plain and simple.

Quoting mz23:

Yea I'm going to call but I figured he was lying but almost had me believing him. He's pathetic ugh!

Quoting nerdymom28:

steviechick
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Also, make sure you are set-up for direct deposit.  Fill out a form if you have to with the Child Support Enforcement office.  That way you know you get paid on a regular basis.  It's up to the office to enforce it. 

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I didn't receive anything after paternity was established. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job although he claims to be working. But like I said his mom told me she gave that 200 to him for me and that she's trying to get him to get a job. But he denied it. Anyways ill call the child support office to see for sure what's going on.

Quoting victoriahearts:

I wouldn't believe him, check with your child support agency they will be able to tell you if in fact this is true or he blowing smoke, and he isn't paying make sure to report him. You should be getting child support is paternity is established he is employed.

uriahadel
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Not true, if you are on state assistance and he is suppose to be paying cs, you won't be getting that money. The state will because the state is paying you so he will be paying them back. Although cs recovery will send you billing payments whether he paid or not so this whole situation doesn't sound true to begin with. If you had a paternity test and he was put on cs, they will be sending info to you in the mail whether he was paying or not unless he was locked up and then you would get nothing. But if he didn't pay, you wouldn't be notified either way

Quoting nerdymom28:

As they say, "the proof is in the pudding". If you haven't SEEN the money, he hasn't sent it. Plain and simple.

Quoting mz23:

Quoting nerdymom28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I have never heard of such a thing. When I first had my daughter I was on state assistance and still got child support.

Quoting uriahadel:

Not true, if you are on state assistance and he is suppose to be paying cs, you won't be getting that money. The state will because the state is paying you so he will be paying them back. Although cs recovery will send you billing payments whether he paid or not so this whole situation doesn't sound true to begin with. If you had a paternity test and he was put on cs, they will be sending info to you in the mail whether he was paying or not unless he was locked up and then you would get nothing. But if he didn't pay, you wouldn't be notified either way

Quoting nerdymom28:

Quoting mz23:

Quoting nerdymom28:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN