Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Breaks my heart :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 16 Replies
To see my 3yr old crying as her aunt takes her to drop off at preschool :( she says she doesn't want to go that she wants to stay home but being a single mom doesn't make that possible :(

Does it ever get easier?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Yes it does hang in there. Right now shes at that really emotional age where shes totally dependant on you. Mone are teens and oh how i miss the sweetness of holding them in my lap..holding their hands. But they are at the age we have conversations and laughs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Yeah eventually she will stop crying and start getting excited about going to preschool and seeing her friends, make sure you play up that part when you are handing her over to her aunt, tell her how much fun it is, and how her friends are waiting for her and eventually she will get to come home and have special time with you. Make it a positve thing and eventually she will start reading your feeling and stop crying. Just hang in there.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I remember those clingy days with my DD, too.  When she was three she had a hard time letting go of me and being handed off to the daycare providers.  Within a few weeks time she more than happy to walk (run,sometimes!) into the daycare.  She truly looked forward to having a fun-filled day with her peeps and with the daycare workers.  One even babysat for me when me and the ex went out on a few dates.

labrax
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I know..., you both will get over it. Hugs
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM

It gets easier.  Wait til she's 5, 6, 7 and say mom I want to go outside and play with my friends, when she has homework to do instead.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

achavez219
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I hope so lol this is her first week being in a preschool where as before she had always been with family of some sort. I look forward to when she gets excited to go

Quoting victoriahearts:

Yeah eventually she will stop crying and start getting excited about going to preschool and seeing her friends, make sure you play up that part when you are handing her over to her aunt, tell her how much fun it is, and how her friends are waiting for her and eventually she will get to come home and have special time with you. Make it a positve thing and eventually she will start reading your feeling and stop crying. Just hang in there.

achavez219
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I can't wait for that lol my 7 yr old is independent & I try to get her to help make her sister see that preschool isn't bad but so far no luck lol

Quoting brieri:

It gets easier.  Wait til she's 5, 6, 7 and say mom I want to go outside and play with my friends, when she has homework to do instead.

achavez219
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I hope she adjusts soon because i feel horrible watching her cry her little heart out :( I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's been thru this

Quoting steviechick:

I remember those clingy days with my DD, too.  When she was three she had a hard time letting go of me and being handed off to the daycare providers.  Within a few weeks time she more than happy to walk (run,sometimes!) into the daycare.  She truly looked forward to having a fun-filled day with her peeps and with the daycare workers.  One even babysat for me when me and the ex went out on a few dates.

Diamond2010
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I remember when my son was like that. It broke my heart at first. Now he loves preschool. Just give it time and see what happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN