Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I can't believe this is happening to me!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

I don't believe in dating certain people. Your boss, your lecturer/ teacher, your doctor, lawyer or priest then throw in the neighbour (that truly sucks!)

My superiors all hit on me, it's nothing new but I find that I'm crushing on my boss! He's not my direct boss more like the over all administrator. He's really cute and shy towards me! I've had brief work related encounters with him and even had to meet him out of the blue for a personal favour which he obliged.lol. During the meeting to ask for the personal favour, there was tension in the air and he couldn't look me in the eye.

Fastforward to today my first day at work, I went to wish him a happy new year since I have been out of the office on sick leave (I spent 13 days in the hospital including Christmas) and to thank him for obliging me the personal favour. He lingered in conversation with me and even gave me a christmas gift! 

Now, this crush is reminiscent of a school girl crush. I haven't felt this way since I was 15 and it's got me wondering. I do not intend to act on it though I am sorely tempted because one, it's a matter of principle, secondly, I do not know if he feels the same way and I am too embarrassed to find out. I guess I should just nurse my crush and leave well alone.

Gosh! I needed to vent this one! ( very embarrassing. Lol)

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arimaur
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

aw, i got all giddy just reading your post lol.  and unfortunately i wouldn't even know where to start or even try to give you some advice on this one.  i'd probably try to avoid him and be all dorky and goofy when he was around lol, but that's just me lol.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Just flirt a little, maybe he'll give you a raise ; ) I had a huge crush on my college,professor. He was fine! Of course I never said anything to him but he caught me staring at him one too many times. That man never gave me the time of day but he'll always have a special place inmy,heart. He was so flippin fine and dressed like a ”boss”. Rockin body. He was just delicious. You makin,me,wanna go seek him out : l oh and my counselor is really cute,too I need to set up and appt. Jk
soaringflutes
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Ummm, this isn't your case, but in the case of a priest or a counselor, it's an abuse of power if they get involved with people they see in a professional context. 

Cenedra64
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol...hes sweet on you! I dont care who they are people are people. Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

havent felt anything like this in ages lol....

labrax
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mz23:

Just flirt a little, maybe he'll give you a raise ; ) I had a huge crush on my college,professor. He was fine! Of course I never said anything to him but he caught me staring at him one too many times. That man never gave me the time of day but he'll always have a special place inmy,heart. He was so flippin fine and dressed like a ”boss”. Rockin body. He was just delicious. You makin,me,wanna go seek him out : l oh and my counselor is really cute,too I need to set up and appt. Jk

LMAO...this one's got a killer bod too and dresses really well...

labrax
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Quoting arimaur:

aw, i got all giddy just reading your post lol.  and unfortunately i wouldn't even know where to start or even try to give you some advice on this one.  i'd probably try to avoid him and be all dorky and goofy when he was around lol, but that's just me lol.

That has been the status quo, but then the feelings I get after meeting him gives me a school girl high that lasts 2 days (I counted). 

labrax
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM

embarrassedThis is exactly what I need to hear to muster the balls to go smile sweetly at him. Lmao

Quoting Cenedra64:

Lol...hes sweet on you! I dont care who they are people are people. Have fun!

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this

The only problem is that it can be dangerous to eat where you shit so to speak. I think if you work in completely separate departments and there is no favoritism there could be a potential for a relationship. I would keep it all innocent. I couldn't date a coworker.  Too risky as I raise my son alone and depend on my job. It is ok to crush though! I do miss that giddy feeling!

labrax
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Quoting MeeshMom:

The only problem is that it can be dangerous to eat where you shit so to speak. I think if you work in completely separate departments and there is no favoritism there could be a potential for a relationship. I would keep it all innocent. I couldn't date a coworker.  Too risky as I raise my son alone and depend on my job. It is ok to crush though! I do miss that giddy feeling!

Right, it's that giddy feeling...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)