Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

if u work out an agreement wo courts and get it notorized????update

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

is it a leagal documet ?? if father tries to keep baby can u call police bc he violated the written agreement??lawyer said if they both sign it if they were married it would b e leaga lcontract  but shes not sure about them not being married we dont know what to do.. do we let baby go or not will he give her back bc our state possesion is 9/10th of law this is all so confusing to us we want to do right thing 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cerainwondrland
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Idk get a consultation with a lawyer it's usually free...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Legal ? No... unless you already have a court order stating any changes can be made by both party in writing (ours does). I would make your agreement and file it with the court so it is legal. If you guys agree then a judge just signs it... there is no hassle but that way you can have it legal. A police officer can only enforce a court order.
Edit to add: if are worried about him not returning child then GO THROUGH COURT! I know people that just had verbal agreements and it worked because they all got along. But that is not the norm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM

so just go to courthouse and get a judge to sign ?then its leagal ?

Quoting conniejo75:

Legal ? No... unless you already have a court order stating any changes can be made by both party in writing (ours does). I would make your agreement and file it with the court so it is legal. If you guys agree then a judge just signs it... there is no hassle but that way you can have it legal. A police officer can only enforce a court order

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM

no its 250 dollars every time she goes to lawer getting expensive 

Quoting cerainwondrland:

Idk get a consultation with a lawyer it's usually free...

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
No you file the paper along with the regular court papers. He gets served. Replies he agrees... and then judge signs off. You may not even have to go to court. For example: Our state (CA) requires mediation and if you both agree, you both sign it and mediator gives to judge and no court date needed.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

so just go to courthouse and get a judge to sign ?then its leagal ?

Quoting conniejo75:

Legal ? No... unless you already have a court order stating any changes can be made by both party in writing (ours does). I would make your agreement and file it with the court so it is legal. If you guys agree then a judge just signs it... there is no hassle but that way you can have it legal. A police officer can only enforce a court order

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM

he didnt want to go to courts or medeation ..

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah he's up to some"ish".....I wounldt trust him...if he REALLY has motive to do right...then really making things legal should NOT be a problem...sounds to me he wants to evade child support..unless he is already paying. 

I would file petitions to the court to legalize any custody arrangements. period.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

he didnt want to go to courts or medeation ..

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

oh hes alreay trying to get her to drop cs but shes on state ins so she cant shes going to lawyer tommorrow so shes not signing anything till lawyer looks it over ...

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM
If they both agree the lawyer can file it with the court also

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

oh hes alreay trying to get her to drop cs but shes on state ins so she cant shes going to lawyer tommorrow so shes not signing anything till lawyer looks it over ...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
what do u think
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)