Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Paranoid/ Scared

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

About 2 months ago I terminated my kids SD's right but he is now appealing it. He has only seen them 2 times in the last 2 1/2 years. He was in prison from August 2010 to early May 2012, while in prison his mom kept money on his phne and books so he could call and write the kids but he only sent 4 letters between August and December 2010 nothing after. In May he got out and didn't even attempt to contact till 2 weeks after he got out during those to weeks he married some one supposidly so she could have a better chance at getting her kid back and she is now pregnant. Anyways... he is constantly telling everyone that he is going to just show up and see my kids weather I say he can or not. I have told him and everyone that talks to him that he is not allowed to see or speak to the kids. I'm scared to the point my kids can't even walk across the street from school to daycare without me (I get off work at 2 and they get out of school at 3 but my daughter is at dc until the boys get out of school instead of making 2 trips across town). I wake up about 4 times a night and ceck all the doors and windows in my house. I'm driving myself insane but can't seem to stop it. He is just very unpredictable.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucasmadre
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Try to remember how much energy he has actually put into seeing/contacting your children. He may be a big talker but hasn't actually done much. Once this new baby is born he is going to have a whole other family to let down so he will have even less time to spend on your kids. 

That being said I don't blame you for feeling scared. There are very inexpensive alarms you can put on windows and doors that you can set at night so that no one can open them without you knowing it...Home Depot carries them (a few dollars a piece, easy to install.)

Don't piss him off, if he is unpredictable making him mad just makes him dangerous. Take a deep breath and when in doubt just ask yourself this question "what is in the best interest of my kids?" Making him mad or sending him messages through other people is like daring him to do something...focus on your kids and yourself and you will be OK.   Good luck sweetie,   xo

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

ok the bottom line is...he has NO RIGHTS to them...he can appeal all he wants but he has no rights at this present time...YOU have every right to be concerned...I would make sure the schools and the daycare are on the same page knowing the situation...

I would even contact the local police , non emergency, and ask that they do a periodic drive by in your neighborhood because you are concerned...

Talk to friends and neighbors to loop them in...rally a good support system....I vented alot of emails to a friend of mine of things said and done in my own personal situation and not only did that help me clear my head but it was a paper trail of events to reffer back to if I needed it!

mjismom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM

He has a friend that has a son in the same school as my boys and his friend stopped my boys one day after school on their walk to daycare (I was waiting outside her house for them). He stopped them trying to talk to them about their SD I ran across the street and told him that he is not to speak to my kids for any reason and if he does it again I would call the police. e than started argueing with me saying that he is their father and has a right to see them and know how they are doing. I told him the courts said he has no rights anymore and he along with the SD should respect that and just leave us all alone. I than reported him to the school.

mjismom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have made sure that EVERYONE around me and my kids knows what is going on.

Quoting strongerwtime:

ok the bottom line is...he has NO RIGHTS to them...he can appeal all he wants but he has no rights at this present time...YOU have every right to be concerned...I would make sure the schools and the daycare are on the same page knowing the situation...

I would even contact the local police , non emergency, and ask that they do a periodic drive by in your neighborhood because you are concerned...

Talk to friends and neighbors to loop them in...rally a good support system....I vented alot of emails to a friend of mine of things said and done in my own personal situation and not only did that help me clear my head but it was a paper trail of events to reffer back to if I needed it!

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Perfect....relax...pray...andgo to sleep in peace.

Quoting mjismom:

I have made sure that EVERYONE around me and my kids knows what is going on.

Quoting strongerwtime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)