Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm 16 and 9 months pregnant, and I'm really in need of some help I'm doing this alone I have no family and the babies father isn't around. I live with my mom but she's sick so I'm taking care of her and I'm supposed to be on bed rest but I've been having to work but I'm so close to my due date that I can't work anymore,.I'm flat broke!!! I haven't got to get everything I need for my baby girl and I'm so stressed! So if you have ANYTHING Like Clothes diapers wipes blankets anything it would really help if you could send them to me. I would be very greatful . Inbox me and I'll send you my address if you can help , Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you apply for government assistance? Dial 211 which is a directory to get the phone numbers to local organizations that help people in your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaliMadee_Charm
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I Have WIC But That's All The Assistance I can get, everything else I would have to be 18 , and my mom can't apply for anything cause she gets childsupport for me but we use that for gas for both of our appointments and for her meds
Sweet.Rose
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Where do u live. Like city and state
greenhazel96
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I can. Do you have a boy or girl?
allycat2120
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:47 AM
What about food stamp? Is your mom disable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Food stamps, your mom can apply on your behalf.  You can also get child support from the baby's father.  You should be getting free medical insurance if you're broke.  Etc., etc. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I was about to suggest food stamps.  Your mom can apply for that.  You are under age and the baby has not been born yet.  So, you can't file.  I would also go to your local church(s).  They provide for those in need.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Diamond2010
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I can help out if you still need it, but try charities or organizations that helps out with people in need.

CaliMadee_Charm
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:17 AM
We have food stamps its not food that's the problem, and technically she's not fully disabled so they aren't helping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)