Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I the ONLY single mom that does not....

Have a social LIFE!

Im aware that everyones situation may vary but...

I sometimes feel like Im the only mother that does not have a social life! LOL Facebook, etc and even just talking to my friends have kids and they are still going out almost every weekend.... I havent gone out clubbin, bar-hopping or even on a date in like oh... 3 years...

Im fully aware that my son comes first before anything (then me) but sometimes I'd like to have an adult night...

His 'father' is not in the picture so no help there... meh!

Don't let no one steal your joy!!! Have a good day! Jennifer

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
lnk8522
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
me either.even when his dad takes him, i'm just picking up hours at Work, so i'm to tired and to broke to go out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jl89
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I think I am the only one in my area! Everyone I know my age that has kids posts pics on FB going clubbing or hanging with their friends. I'm like "Where's your kid?" Mine's attached to me and I can't seem to get away! We should make "me" time lol. Not that I'm complaining, sometimes I just feel a little down about it.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Lol...I understand. I haven't been out in forever.

meranda20
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I know what all you mean. I'm a single mom of two babiea,a 3year old daughter and a 1 year old daughter an I love them and don't regret them. Their fathers are not around an it is so hard doing everything on my own for them. I am living with my mother but I plan to move out in a couple of weeks because it is a bit much living with someone when you have kids. I nevr go out, I went out once last year for my birthday which was me an thebaby's birthday. I had a party for her that day and went out that night an I hated it. I didn't have an ounce of fun. I wished I had stayed home with my kids. I wish that I had a little time tho you know to like go hang out with another mom, go to the movies, out to eat or something, a girls night.

butcher
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

mine sucks...

jacobsmom0110
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Oh trust me you are not the only one. My social life is when I am at school or work. I never get to go out and have "fun". I have not been out with friends since my son was born. I guess thats why I dont have any anymore. My sons father is not in the picture either. He is always out partying and whatnot and I am home with out son. But I have come to accept these as the sacrifices that we make when we become parents.

shudderette
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM

what? a social life? what kind of friends do you have? i don't know any single moms who have a social life.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Nope, I don'thave much of one at all.....

Mia055
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
My social life is facebook....I never go out...my goin time is like "hey, can u watch the kids so I can go getsome groceries". My bro and his baby momma and her two kids sta with me, so me and her talk a lot. When he brings his friends over we play card games and such. I've joined a dating site so I can have a man to talk to/text LOL, does those count as social???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pezzino04
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Ill be 21 in two weeks hunny u are not alone I lost all my friend when I told them I was pregnant and as far as dating I've been on a few dates but none of them last because of some health issues...my daughters father is also not in the picture so I know that feeling I have my mom but a lot of times I just wish I had a girlfriend to cry on instead of my mom. Your not alone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)