Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I the ONLY single mom that does not....

Have a social LIFE!

Im aware that everyones situation may vary but...

I sometimes feel like Im the only mother that does not have a social life! LOL Facebook, etc and even just talking to my friends have kids and they are still going out almost every weekend.... I havent gone out clubbin, bar-hopping or even on a date in like oh... 3 years...

Im fully aware that my son comes first before anything (then me) but sometimes I'd like to have an adult night...

His 'father' is not in the picture so no help there... meh!

Don't let no one steal your joy!!! Have a good day! Jennifer

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I'm in the same situation. It doesn't bother me anymore, it's just the way it is. 

Childofares
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

If I have a night off (My Mom likes to watch DS on Saturdays now that he is older) I usually pick up an extra shift at work or I use my alone evening to go grocery shopping at night which is something I sorely miss from my pre-kiddo days. My friends are usually all doing couple things and since I'm a single now, I never seem to get an invite. 

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Lol...i feel the same way because i rarely go out or do anything for myself anymore
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

u r not alone at all.....

MollyJmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Same here 18 months of only shopping for food and baby stuff x.x my big night of having a drink is when I remember to have a margarita with my mom lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
witchybabymomma
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM

your situation sounds almost identical to mine. I actually did go to dinner a couple times last year with a guy I dated for a little while but my son came with. Other then that for the last 3 yrs it's been work and home for me..

kaejordan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Dont let life pass u by. U only have one life. No ones getting any younger. Ur sons father is prob enjoying himself. I say find a sitter for at least one night out the week. U will still b a great mom. Its ok to be a devoted mother and still go out. I have kids but I still find time for myself to atleast go out once a week, even if its to a salon, movies or out for a drink, etc. If I dont then it would make me depressed. Every mommy needs me time from time to time. No harm done. My opinion.

Quoting whatplanetweon:

Have a social LIFE!

Im aware that everyones situation may vary but...

I sometimes feel like Im the only mother that does not have a social life! LOL Facebook, etc and even just talking to my friends have kids and they are still going out almost every weekend.... I havent gone out clubbin, bar-hopping or even on a date in like oh... 3 years...

Im fully aware that my son comes first before anything (then me) but sometimes I'd like to have an adult night...

His 'father' is not in the picture so no help there... meh!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theresa1966
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I have no social life but facebook...LOL....Every couple of months my parents will take my son for a day or 2. Son's dad is not in the picture. Funny thing is when I get a break if I don't have plans ...I like to sit at home and breath...LOL...My son is Aspergers

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I go out once a week with gf's but nothing over the top like clubbing or bar hopping, just a nice dinner and maybe movie or show is we are up to it and it's usually after I put my son to bed and I pay someone to watch him sleep lol I do it to keep my insanity because being a single mom is hard, your world usually revolves around the kid(s) all the rest of the time. 

arimaur
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM

bahahaha, you couldn't have said it any better!  *sigh*

Quoting Cenedra64:

Ive been married and single. Its hard to have a social life both sides of the fence. To answer your question my social life consist of who i can talk to when i can and cafemom...lol...lame real lame

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)