Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I the ONLY single mom that does not....

Have a social LIFE!

Im aware that everyones situation may vary but...

I sometimes feel like Im the only mother that does not have a social life! LOL Facebook, etc and even just talking to my friends have kids and they are still going out almost every weekend.... I havent gone out clubbin, bar-hopping or even on a date in like oh... 3 years...

Im fully aware that my son comes first before anything (then me) but sometimes I'd like to have an adult night...

His 'father' is not in the picture so no help there... meh!

Don't let no one steal your joy!!! Have a good day! Jennifer

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (71-80):
LilAsMom526
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I have a social life somewhat. Not as it once was but my son is more important and its okay if my social life takes a little hit. I'm not the same person i use to be. Better person i would say because of my son :) sometimes my social life is limited but I do get out. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I'm in the same boat...no life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Sounds like my life. I do have help living with my parents... Well sort of. I rent their apartment attached. But I dont go out every weekend. If I do my son is with me. I have a hobby of riding my quad and during the summer I get to do that maybe 2 to 3x a month( maybe more and usually just for a day) if we go camping my son is all about the smores. But yeah no social life that dosnt involve my son. I miss being able to get up n do what I want when I want, but im ok with it. When he is gone I cant think of a single thing to do that isnt kid frendly. Hes so much apart of my life im lost without him. I work full time and looking to buy my own homehere soon. (if I can find one in my price range!)
lady219
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I feel the same, no social life and this mommy needs a "playdate"

NellieWhispers
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I certainly don't have a social life. I'm in a state where I know nobody because I moved here for K's dad and then things flopped as I should have expected they would. So, all of my friends are scattered all over the US and many of my friends live inside my computer. I hold onto my late night convo's with my friends. I enjoy that more now than I would going clubbing or bar hopping. I haven't even had a drink since the night D was conceived (July 12, 2010). I hold nothing against those who do drink, but I just haven't had the desire to. Sometimes I do wish I knew real people in this state and had a sitter where I could just bring the kids and have an adult night, even if it were just a movie night. However, with L only being 2 1/2 weeks old and nursing, that wouldn't be an option either.

momlostwith3
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

I went to this single parents meetup.It was so fun,all parents in the same situation and our kids were there too!Started at a museum,ended up at a fun restaurant/bar.All kids sat together and parents laughed and socialized,it was so great.It was the only time I didn't feel so inadequate about being a single mom.They do things often together and kids come along,such a great idea!

NellieWhispers
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quoting momlostwith3:

Hi,

I went to this single parents meetup.It was so fun,all parents in the same situation and our kids were there too!Started at a museum,ended up at a fun restaurant/bar.All kids sat together and parents laughed and socialized,it was so great.It was the only time I didn't feel so inadequate about being a single mom.They do things often together and kids come along,such a great idea!

I wish there were something like that where I live. That would be really cool to connect with other moms like me and be able to bring the kids along. I'd get my adult time without having to pay for a sitter. How did you find this single parents meetup? I'd like to try and find one in my area or at least somewhere I could attend even once in a while if it's a somewhat far drive.

Emiliush
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

nope!! ever since i got prego all i did was school, work ,doctors office and my one bestie (but that's to her house, and shes like family)!!! i completly stoped going out to bars and clubing..

and now that hes 3 weeks.. i cant do much there. but i dont think i can ever date again :( !!

SuperMomOfTwo35
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I am in the same situation u are it ok to feel that way u know what important and that way counts  but u do have a right to go out and have fun to every mom need a brake once in awhile

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I am the same way honey. I be jealous like how did you get a babysitter lol. It's sad, no one offers to watch my children...EVER. I have to wait until their dad feels like getting them or either pay this lady which I dont like doing. My social life is the internet..sad lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)