Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I the ONLY single mom that does not....

Have a social LIFE!

Im aware that everyones situation may vary but...

I sometimes feel like Im the only mother that does not have a social life! LOL Facebook, etc and even just talking to my friends have kids and they are still going out almost every weekend.... I havent gone out clubbin, bar-hopping or even on a date in like oh... 3 years...

Im fully aware that my son comes first before anything (then me) but sometimes I'd like to have an adult night...

His 'father' is not in the picture so no help there... meh!

Don't let no one steal your joy!!! Have a good day! Jennifer

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (81-82):
GIJennie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I feel the same way. Its hard for me though since I just got back from Afghanistan I feel guilty leaving him. He was 10 months old when I left and 22 months when I returned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizard11080
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Course not!  I feel the same way.  I work all day while my 3-year old is in daycare.  When I get home, I like to spend as much time as I can with him till bedtime.  And on the weeekends, I do stuff with him.  My son's dad is barely in the picture...I left him when my son was 4-months old (we were not married).  And took a job transfer 500 miles from home...so I don't have family here.  Been here just about 3 years and am finally feeling like i have some friends...thankfully they have kids too, so we do mommy and kids outings. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)