Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what to do when no one is helping me

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

i been doing this all by my self with out his father been in is life but i do have have a great mom and dad is there for me all the time when i need them but the are not there at nites with me. so what i am ask is what i need to do bc my son will not let me get any sleep at all i did everything for him like feed him give him a bath play with him it is just  so hard to do it by my self i do have friend to help that is what they say but when i ask them they keep telling me that they are busy or they do not want too so what do i need to do

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sonnyswoman75
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Maybe could you hire a teenager to come in help you every once in awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:31 AM

how old is your child? I have some suggestions but I just need a little more info. Do you and your baby live by yourself? does your child have any special needs or is he just a normal child that wont sleep (you know like in the first year how babies are up like every hour type of thing)

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I became single mom when my kids were both under 2... 3 months and 18 months old. no help at all. You just do best you can and pray for strength when you feel like you have none left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Kids grow out of stages. Pretty soon you will barely remember those sleepless nights as your child changes. You have new excitements in life as they leaen and grow. New challenges as moms. I survive by my humour. My girls can tell anyone i love to laugh and have fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissacst
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:17 AM

He's 5 months old, they don't sleep much then. Although I was with DS's dad at the time he never got up with him. He worked and I was a SAHM. Is he teething? Try some of the baby biscuit treats. Remember your wisdom teeth coming in? It's painful..That's how your boy feels times 10. Colicky? Take him outside for some fresh air. Baby Einstein Dvd's would calm my son for about 15 minutes. And his bouncy seat on vibrate was a lifesaver. Take deep breaths momma and if need be let him cry for 5 minutes while you breathe. Ya'll will get through it.

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM

That's what being a parent is, unfortunately parenting doesn't stop at nite.  My 8 month old is up every 2 hours or so, still.  Sometimes they just need to be comforted, etc. 

A 5 month old does wake up throughout the nite, most times at least.  How many times is he waking up?

Try going to bed earlier.  I usually go to bed by 9pm, so this way, even though he wakes me up a lot throughout the nite, I still end up with a good amount of sleep. 

Also, if you are letting your parents do a lot to help during the day, then maybe try napping then. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Set a routine!!! Every night the same time do the same thing so he knows its bedtime. We have to be up at 6 every day so he has to be in bed 830 or its ugly in the morning. Routine is key and sleep when he does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)