Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its things like this piog

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

... that make me feel like im doing something right with my sd!
so a little back story.. my df's grandparents helped him raise sd for the first couple yrs cuz bm had a stroke and is in a nursing home. well since we moved in together and she started school they seem to not like me. they tell sd that she doesnt have to listen to me, even thou shes with me 80% of the time, and so its made it very hard for us when shes with us so we limited the time she goes over there...

well today after we picked her up from school we went shopping and when were looking at stuff she was asking me questions and she was like, "why do i have to call you karyin?"
"cuz thats my name"
"why cant jude call you karyin"
"cuz im his mom, its very rude to call your mom or dad by their name"
"why dont i get to call you mom"
"well cuz i was the one that gave birth to you. you know your mom, you can call me momma karying if you wanted to" and her dad agreed with me
"i want you to be part of my family, i love you karyin"
i just about started to cry cuz that made me very happy to hear her say that.. mydf told her i am part of her family now and i will always be..
sorry this is kinda long but it really made me feel good

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Very sweet.  Thanks for sharing. ; )

PoplarGrove
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM

That's so sweet!  And on a side note...you can call more than one woman Mom.  I do.  I have my adoptive Mom and a biological Mom and I call them both "Mom". 

kary1124
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

yea i totally agree with that, but ill let her make that decision, shes about to be 5 at the end of the month and ive only been in her life for a little over a year so i dont want her to feel like im trying to replace her mom.. i just want to be a good strong motherlike figure for her.. thank you thou! it really made me feel good!

Quoting PoplarGrove:

That's so sweet!  And on a side note...you can call more than one woman Mom.  I do.  I have my adoptive Mom and a biological Mom and I call them both "Mom". 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

OH, I have to 'Dads'.  One - biological and my step-dad.  I call both of them Dad when I refer to them.  My step-dad has been in my life since I was 9 years old.  

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Awww thats so sweet it had me tearing up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kary1124
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM

yea ive had 3 "dads" my bio, which ive never met, my mom got married to my siblings dad and be adopted me and i grew up with him as my dad, then my mom got married again when i was 14 and he forced us into calling him dad and that bothered me very much so i dont wanna force her into it.. if she does call me mom i dont tell her no or anything. just let it go however she wants as long as its not disrespectful

Quoting steviechick:

OH, I have to 'Dads'.  One - biological and my step-dad.  I call both of them Dad when I refer to them.  My step-dad has been in my life since I was 9 years old.  

kary1124
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

right! it made me tear up when she said it.. i really do love that little girl like shes my own

Quoting Cenedra64:

Awww thats so sweet it had me tearing up

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Quoting kary1124:

yea ive had 3 "dads" my bio, which ive never met, my mom got married to my siblings dad and be adopted me and i grew up with him as my dad, then my mom got married again when i was 14 and he forced us into calling him dad and that bothered me very much so i dont wanna force her into it.. if she does call me mom i dont tell her no or anything. just let it go however she wants as long as its not disrespectful

Quoting steviechick:

When my bio dad remarried his wife told me and my siblings to call her by her first name.  She didn't believe in us calling her Mom because she said she wasn't our mom.  We had one and she was our father's wife.  I would have called her mom, but she didn't want us to.  The reason why I called my step-dad Dad was because he basically raised us.  When he married my mom we moved a lot (US Army).  I wasnt around my bio dad that much growing up.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Very sweet!

kary1124
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Quoting steviechick:

Quoting kary1124:

Quoting steviechick:

When my bio dad remarried his wife told me and my siblings to call her by her first name.  She didn't believe in us calling her Mom because she said she wasn't our mom.  We had one and she was our father's wife.  I would have called her mom, but she didn't want us to.  The reason why I called my step-dad Dad was because he basically raised us.  When he married my mom we moved a lot (US Army).  I wasnt around my bio dad that much growing up.

yea to me my adoptive dad was my dad. he was the one that helped raise us and whatnot, until he left, but then my mom got remarried and even before they got married he was trying to force us into calling him dad and once they were married he did, if we didnt he said we were being disrespectful and would ground us.. i was 14, my brother was 12, one sister was 8 and my other sister was 5, she probably would have started calling him dad if he wasnt so forceful with it since she was so young and didnt really know her bio dad...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)