Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Question

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ladies how do you feel about sending your children off with your ex. Say that y'all are not together and of course share visitation. How do y'all feel sending your children. I always have the worst feeling ever. I bitch fit every time. What are ways that y'all deal with this. No doubt it has to happen, but what do y'all do to take things off your mind. I just felt like venting.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I guess it really depends how long you were with the guy from the beginning to end. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
DS doesn't know his dad but I probably wouldn't do so hot if he did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
i,m cool wth ..kinda glad ..mama need a brake.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i HATE it!!!

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I didn't have a problem with it until recently.  My ex has been teaching my son to be rude and disrespectful towards my bf.  I got to see it and told him to cut his crap or I was reporting it.  He hasn't done it in front of me again, and my son isn't disrespectful; I'm guessing he did stop.  

gurlygurl0724
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

My son comes back a little agressive and disrespectful to towards my SO. But after some days past hes back to his normal self. i guess after he realize we dont tolerate the behavior.

Roses1977
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM

My story is complex but to cut it short  my older two live with their father it was heartbreaking at the time and took me a long time to come to terms with. I had an illness and it was brought on during end of my last pregnancy ,i was in divorce proceedings and custody battle a bad pregnancy and found out i had severe strep B.

Anyway when he had custody i thought my world ended and he was content because he still had me under his control. No word of a lie, at that time when he was nasty to me, i retaliated  but not in earshot of kids. Kids howeverr they sense tension and your emotions.They  are like sponges and  are soon enlighted by other's who have been in their predicament and soon enough you have the pull of dad got this or dad said that and im sure it was vice versa. Handover can also be difficult i have a non swearing environment here and there they swear.

My advice in this situation is while their away stay calm ,try and occupy your time i was lucky i had my third child so she always keeps me busy full time but i do miss the children when thir gone its like half of me is missing. Also try a technique if kids come back wound up sit them down and say your not at dads now .so heres the plan you go unpack etc and regroup later it is great wayy for kids to unwind.It took time to get on with him as hes very stubborn but i found his new wife easier to talk to shes great shes never hit kids and always discusses issues with kids and they contact me when son has problems as they know i can calm him and i go up.

Venting is good as long as kids dont hear it i feel they are developing and they need to decided for themselves ahaving good friends to talk to or using groups on internet are great way to vent but without kids feeling protective overr you or him.

Jackie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)