Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating.......how long did you wait....

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 26 Replies
before your LOs met your boyfriend? If you don't have one, how long did you wait ib the past? If you not dated since you were with your LOs father, what do you think is an appropriate amount of time to wait?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wigglesmomma22
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Mine officially met my bf after six weeks.  I'm not sure it counts though because he was a friend for years and they had met a few times before.  The only reason he met her that early was because I knew his character, his group of friends and their character, and all my friends know him and how he is a sweet guy.  I wouldn't have done it that way if he was a complete stranger.  Probably between 4-6 months if I hadn't known him.

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Different situations and ages have made it be different amounts of time for me. My so and I were friends for awhile before we got together, so he already knew my son. We were officially together about 2 months when we told my son that we were dating. He had just turned 6 at the time.

I would never get completely invested in a man though until I knew my son would get along with him. I refused to be one of those women that fell in love with a man and stayed with him even though her kids hated him and/or he wasn't good to them.

firsttime_mom27
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never really dated anyone. Just been on a couple of dates. I'm not ready to be with anyone officially yet. Even if I was ready, I wouldn't introduce my son to him unless I knew that person well and was good enough to be in my sons life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I waited til the kids were gone!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM
My first guy actually met him pretty quick but he was little. Haven't dated since
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

One year, they get along great.  

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
The only bf I brought around my son was an ex I reconciled with when he was 2 so right away before we even got together. But now my son is 5. I'd wait a few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM
That's a tough one. I don't have a sitter I'd could use more then once a month and no family support (of dating) so if I were to date I'm not sure how it would work...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gr82bamama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I have been dating on and off for a year or so but have never found anyone I would want Ady (my son) to meet. I think hypothetically if he were someone I would want to truly get into a relationship with, I would want them to meet right when it changed from dating to a relationship. Other than how a man treats me, the most important thing is how he treats my son. We are a packaged deal, a two for if you will. 

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Up until now I haven't let them meet anyone I've dated. It never lasted long enough. But this new guy seems very promising. I've only been seeing him a month so they haven't met yet. He said he wanted to wait to meet them. He was with a woman for three years before me and they lived together, she had a son that he treated like his own and it really tore him and the boy up when they broke up so he's wary. I'm being patient tho. He still likes to hear stories about them and see pictures. He comes over after they are in bed and we spend time together when the girls are at my exs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)