Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So we are at the gas station and...

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 22 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I'm at the gas station getting gas and as I look in the backseat I notice my son is in the trunk. I ask my mother what he was doing in the trunk and she told me she didn't know. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was talking to my dad (grandpa to him). He asked him "How is life in heaven?" I told him he couldn't talk to dead people. (My dad died last year and we had him cremated, the box is in my trunk)

He said sometimes if you are really quiet you can hear God talking to you. Hearing him say that made my night a little bit better. I know God is around at all times but sometimes in the rush of things and life I tend to forget so I'm glad he gave me a reminder :)

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM

AWW...*HUGS*

tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Smart little boy you have!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM

why is the box in the trunk?

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  

Quoting shudderette:

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

The box is in the trunk because my mother is scared to have them in the house. We have never opened the box either. She believes that if we do his ashes will disappear.

Quoting shudderette:

shudderette
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

we have my daughter's ashes in a little precious moments ceramic box sitting on a shelf in our living room. nothing to be scared of, sweetie. they deserve to be shown a little more respect then traveling around in your trunk w you. to each his own, just my opinion. I would be very upset if that was my loved one.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

The box is in the trunk because my mother is scared to have them in the house. We have never opened the box either. She believes that if we do his ashes will disappear.

Quoting shudderette:

raegan1221
by Raegan on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM

That is so sweet. You have a very smart and sweet little boy.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I do want him in the house and I actually went to a jewelry store because I wanted to buy a cremation locket. Its just a regular locket that I was going to put some of the ashes in and wear around my neck like a necklace. My mother won't allow it though so to respect her wishes, he is there. Its either there or in our shed.

I'm sorry about your daughter. How old was she? How did she pass?

Quoting shudderette:

we have my daughter's ashes in a little precious moments ceramic box sitting on a shelf in our living room. nothing to be scared of, sweetie. they deserve to be shown a little more respect then traveling around in your trunk w you. to each his own, just my opinion. I would be very upset if that was my loved one.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting shudderette:

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks

Quoting raegan1221:

That is so sweet. You have a very smart and sweet little boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)