Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So we are at the gas station and...

Posted by   + Show Post

So I'm at the gas station getting gas and as I look in the backseat I notice my son is in the trunk. I ask my mother what he was doing in the trunk and she told me she didn't know. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was talking to my dad (grandpa to him). He asked him "How is life in heaven?" I told him he couldn't talk to dead people. (My dad died last year and we had him cremated, the box is in my trunk)

He said sometimes if you are really quiet you can hear God talking to you. Hearing him say that made my night a little bit better. I know God is around at all times but sometimes in the rush of things and life I tend to forget so I'm glad he gave me a reminder :)

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Hugs!

koalasami
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I understand you are respecting your mother's wishes but what if you are in a car accident?  The ashes could end up spread all over a highway and I am sure that is not what she wants either. 

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Idk. No that is not what I would want. We have never opened the box either. After he passed I wanted to go to a jewelry store to get a cremation locket to put some of his ashes in but couldn't. I understand where you are coming from but I guess it is what it is, right?

Quoting koalasami:

I understand you are respecting your mother's wishes but what if you are in a car accident?  The ashes could end up spread all over a highway and I am sure that is not what she wants either. 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

that's awesome! :)

zombiemommeh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Aw :)
After my dad was cremated, the box was in our car until we could decide on a place to spread his ashes. That was one of his favorite places to be, in the car.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:31 AM
A gal i worked with did same. She wss waiting on permits. Yeah here in NC you have to have permits to spread ashes over the ocean even. I told her noone is going to be watching if you go out on a boat. Take your dad out the trunk and go obey his dying wishes

Quoting zombiemommeh:

After my dad was cremated, the box was in our car until we could decide on a place to spread his ashes. That was one of his favorite places to be, in the car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Your son sounds very sweet and intuitive. Smart too. Hope he always listens for that ''still small voice'' that speaks gently to the soul
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

How long did you have him in your trunk?

Quoting zombiemommeh:

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM
That was so precious. Which is why we are told to have faith like a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM

So true. I always love to hear kids pov on God. I think it's sad so many children are not taught about Him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)