Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Money issues..need your ideas!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay so the father of my baby girl lives 4 hours away. I havent filed for child support yet and when i do it will prob. take maybe 5 months to kick in. The father refuses to send me any money for the baby because he thinks i will spend it on myself (which i wouldnt btw). Im having to buy everything medical expenses, formula, and other random stuff she needs. Do yall have any good ideas on how i can get him to send me some money.. atleast until child support starts up? I can't afford to buy everything myself for the next 5 months!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofTC
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Have him buy the items for baby and mail them to you. After he realizes it cost more to mail boxes of items maybe he'll start sending money....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
The only advice I have is file asap. You can't force him to pay until you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with cinniejo, you need to file ASAP! As far as extra cash, it really depends. If you are working, can you het a second job? Can you apply for any kind of state aid?
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM
File if he would rather buy things directly for the child and mail them at least it's something . Guys don't realize even if you put some money towards rent etc the child lives in the house too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arimaur
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

definitely file asap!  you can easily file on line and within a week or so they will call you to make an appointment and you will get it by the next month.  well, that's here in TX and i would assume it would be similar?? i'm hoping, for you sake.  good luck

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

abusednotbroken
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't say what would "make him," but my friend gave me an awesome idea. Whenever you need money for whatever it is that she needs, text him. Just keep texting everything you need money for and that way, you also have it as proof of informing him. Keep a copy of the texts somehow

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

have a nice weekend 

youngmommy413
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM

This is a good idea! I need to file i just havent had the time or chance but thanks everyone!!

Quoting abusednotbroken:

I can't say what would "make him," but my friend gave me an awesome idea. Whenever you need money for whatever it is that she needs, text him. Just keep texting everything you need money for and that way, you also have it as proof of informing him. Keep a copy of the texts somehow

butcher
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM

good luck i dont get any. :/

momma1708
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I know it is tough but what he doesn't give you now will only bite him in the butt later with back support. If he owes you back support over a certain amount, you get his income tax money and they will granish his paychecks. You can try as hard you like to get him to pay but sometimes all that effort will go to waste. My ex gave me a total of like $148 or something like that for the entire 3 years of our DS's life and nothing for DD until after the support order went through, then he tried to take it to court and he got totally screwed because he had no evidence for what he was claiming and I had been keeping track of everything so I won and got even more money. I don't get a lot but it helps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)