Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

frusterated

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Im very frusterated.  Heres the back story...

I am 23 and have been clean and sober for 3 years.  I met the father of my child at a clean and sober get together.  He had 2 years... Since being pregnant he split started doing drugs again.  Was there for the birth and the two weeks after then split again.  He is suppossedly going to treatment next week.  The deal is he is not allowed to see anthony until he can pee clean.  However i worked out something with a mutual friend so he can see him before treatment even though after all the crap that he has said to me he really doesn't desearve it... Im very much trying to separate my feelings about him which is all anger. from his and anthony's relationship if he chooses to have one. Tonight his cousin texted me can i have anthony for a few hours tomorrow. I told her we had plans but i could stop by for a little while so she can see him. Her responce was oh nevermind.  They live next to eachother.....Now my instinct says they are trying to be sneaky so ryan can see his son.. am i over thinking it? He hasn't seen Anthony in over a month and has been nothing but ugly to me until recently since he wants to get "clean" again. he agreed that 30 days clean was fair for a visit at my house with my family present.  though if he goes to treatment he might get to see him before he enters. But now im feeling like they are trying to go behind my back and it infuriates me!  So are they being sneaky or am i being over protective.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Yes, sure sounds sneaky to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Sounds like that's what they are trying to do. Keep to your guns!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Hugs!!!

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM

It sounds a little odd but you know what don't give it a lot of though it's not worth your time. Don't over analyzed the situation you have already give him terms in order to see his child again and his family know those terms as well, hopefully they will keep them but until you know for sure he is 30 days clean make sure you don't leave your child alone with his family. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM

have a nice weekend.  Your allowing a guy to see your son (or both yours) when there was an agreement  he is not to see him til he's  clean.  Yet you are allowing this to happen through a mutual friend.  Where and how did this agreement come into effect? 

anthonysmom1012
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Quoting brieri:

have a nice weekend.  Your allowing a guy to see your son (or both yours) when there was an agreement  he is not to see him til he's  clean.  Yet you are allowing this to happen through a mutual friend.  Where and how did this agreement come into effect? 

Let me rephrase.... He is clean, he doesn't have 30 days yet.  His sponsor who is my really good friend and very trustworthy asked if him and his wife were present if they could have anthony to see him before he enters treatment.  I put a time limit on it and i won't be far from the house. weather thats good or bad is besides the point.  If he is trying to sneak behind my back to see him then im goin to not let him see him before treatment and he will have to wait till he gets out of treatment which is 6 months.  

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting anthonysmom1012:

Quoting brieri:

Let me rephrase.... He is clean, he doesn't have 30 days yet.  His sponsor who is my really good friend and very trustworthy asked if him and his wife were present if they could have anthony to see him before he enters treatment.  I put a time limit on it and i won't be far from the house. weather thats good or bad is besides the point.  If he is trying to sneak behind my back to see him then im goin to not let him see him before treatment and he will have to wait till he gets out of treatment which is 6 months.  

I may not be following you on this.  Here's my take on it.  I don't know if its considered sneaky or not, IF the person is asking to see your child, then you should be there with the child.  Don't leave the child alone without your presence whether Ryan((?)  is there or not.  You just hold up your end.  Since the girl said nevermind, then there's really nothing to worry about at this point.

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I THINK THEY ARE DEF TRYING TO BE SNEAKY. NEXT TIME SHE SAYS SHE WANTS TO SEE HIM TELL HER SHE CAN SEE HIM BUT AT YOUR HOUSE.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN