Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New on here & Newly single momma.

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hi, my name is Amanda, I'm 23 and I am new to this site, being single, AND being a mom. My daughter, Kiralyn,is 8 weeks old and is by far my greatest accomplishment in life. Her dad hasn't been in the picture since day one and apparently no longer has any intention of being there ever. We were together for 5 years and planned this pregnancy, so now I'm looking for guidance, encouragement, and new friends to help me through this incredible journey.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
butcher
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:16 PM

hey nice to meet ya. im ashley. also a single mom. 28. 2 boys 7 and 8. kids are great but challenging. my children also dont have fathers involved. its heart breaking. you are gona be fabulous. all will fall into place!

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM
HEY IM NEW HERE TOO. I AM 28 YRS OLD SINGLE MOM WITH A WONDERFUL ALMOST 19TH OLD SON. MY SONS FATHER WAS AROUND BUT I STILL FELT LIKE I WAS DOING EVERYTHING MYSELF SINCE THE DAY I FOUND OUT I WAS PREG. HE WAS NEVER HELPFUL THROUGH MY PREGNANCY MY MOM WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME. AND EVEN WHEN I HAD THE BABY HE NEVER REALLY WANTED TO BE A FAMILY HE WOULD COME AND VISIT AND I WOULD HAVE TO ASK HIM FOR MONEY FOR THE BABY THEN HE FINALLY LEFT ME AND THE BABY. BUT I AM THE HAPPIEST SINGLE MOTHER BECAUSE I KNOW IF I WAS STILL WITH HIM I WOULD BE A MISERABLE PERSON. ITS HARD, TIRING AND EXHAUSTING BUT I AM HAPPY. ITS ASHAME THOUGH THAT AFTER 5 YRS AND A PLANNED PREGNACY HE WOULD JUST LEAVE YOU. WAS THERE A REASON FOR HIM TO BE A BASTARD??
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Amanda.  I'm sorry your little girl's dad turned out to be a dud, but glad you're here.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Welcome I'm glad you found us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KirasMomma13
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Quoting butcher:

hey nice to meet ya. im ashley. also a single mom. 28. 2 boys 7 and 8. kids are great but challenging. my children also dont have fathers involved. its heart breaking. you are gona be fabulous. all will fall into place!

Thank you! Its nice to know and have reassurance that there are plenty of other strong independent mommas out there.
ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
orro99
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Welcome.  I'm 33yo single mother to a 4yr old.  My daughter was two when the single mom status came in.  I was devestated, scared, and was in great need of support.  I had to deal with a lot of things alone without family or friends and that made it very hard.  One thing I can tell you is that women, and mothers especially find the strength and courage to do what has to be done.  Even in the bleakest moments know that things will be fine, they will work out, that theres always sunshine after the rain.  I am new to the group as well and joined looking for the same things you are. We can try and connect and see if we can provide each other with support and friendship.

KirasMomma13
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

HEY
IM NEW HERE TOO. I AM 28 YRS OLD SINGLE MOM WITH A WONDERFUL ALMOST 19TH OLD SON. MY SONS FATHER WAS AROUND BUT I STILL FELT LIKE I WAS DOING EVERYTHING MYSELF SINCE THE DAY I FOUND OUT I WAS PREG. HE WAS NEVER HELPFUL THROUGH MY PREGNANCY MY MOM WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME. AND EVEN WHEN I HAD THE BABY HE NEVER REALLY WANTED TO BE A FAMILY HE WOULD COME AND VISIT AND I WOULD HAVE TO ASK HIM FOR MONEY FOR THE BABY THEN HE FINALLY LEFT ME AND THE BABY. BUT I AM THE HAPPIEST SINGLE MOTHER BECAUSE I KNOW IF I WAS STILL WITH HIM I WOULD BE A MISERABLE PERSON. ITS HARD, TIRING AND EXHAUSTING BUT I AM HAPPY. ITS ASHAME THOUGH THAT AFTER 5 YRS AND A PLANNED PREGNACY HE WOULD JUST LEAVE YOU. WAS THERE A REASON FOR HIM TO BE A BASTARD??

Yeah, I know that feeling too. And no, he had no reason...long story short I lost my job because of my pregnancy (yes, I know its illegal), he wasn't working, and then we ended up losing everything. Our car, our apartment, and then some. We ended up selling everything else we owned to move up north to stay with his mother. We were there for about 2 months (I was 7 months now) when I received a call from my doctor telling me I was now a high risk pregnancy. So, due to my insurance I was unable to receive health care and had to fly back to Florida. I stayed with friends until she was born, and even after I begged and pleaded with my family to assist me in purchasing him a ticket to be here for her birth, he came up with some lame excuse. I let it slide because I didnt want to accept what everyone else had been telling me for the last 2 months. She is now 8 weeks old and still hasn't made an effort to see her. After an argument on NYE about him needing to step up as a father he hasn't contacted me at all. Not a text, call, email, etc. I even told him I was going to change her last name and still nothing. He basically just decided that being a parent wasn't what he wanted I guess. However, im sure we'll be just fine without him.
lamommy23
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm 23 too I'm a single mom my daughter is 3 and her dad lives in Ne we live in Ga. welcome i'm fairly new to.the site too. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN