Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Finally letting go....I hope

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just need to write out my feelings. Okay I have a 6 year old daughter and me and her father have been off and on for 12 years. He seems to have detached himself from me and her emotionally lately and is bare minimum  financially there. I am unemployed but looking for a job so I am on a very tight budget.  Anyways my daughter is not an easy child. It takes a village ie... my parents, sister, and whoever else can to help me take care of her.  I have taken care of her emotionally, physically, and mainly financially because all I have EVER  wanted him to do is just spend QUALITY  time with his daughter. I did not think that was so hard to do. I am just tripping as to how could I have known this man for 16 years been together for 12 and waited 6 years to have a child and don't even really know him. She has just recently been diagnosed with epilepsy and you would think he would call to check on her or come to the doctor appointments with us but NO!!!!! So I guess I have been a single mom since December 23,2006 but today I am actually pulling myself together to say it and accept it. Wish me luck.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jkia1boy
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Its going to work it self out. Single moms really got it bad, but when its all said and done, we always come out on top! And remember that. Alot of men become cowards when their kids are sick or diagnosed with an illness. My Dad after 40 years just accepted my sister being a little person. We are all here for you. *hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Believe yourself to be a strong woman, and you can accomplish anything.  The best for you and your daughter.

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM

You are a MOM and you will find the way to do it  !!! The hand the rocks the cradle rules the world!!! I believe in that statement hole heartedly!!!

RyderMomma09
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Hang in there!! Honestly its your Ex's loss. Hes the one missing out on you and your daughter. He seems like a coward. The on and off thing is for sure unhealthy for you and your daughter. Let him go and you will begin to heal!! You cant force someone to be in your life if they don't want to be. It seems that you have family that will help you get thru this. Just take one day at a time..things will work out!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)