Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New single mom

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi im a new single mom. Had my daughter on 11/26. I am having trouble adjusting to raising my daughter alone. Her father left me at three months and has just recently decided he wants to be in her life. His first visit will be this weekend and im so scared to be away from her.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
singlemom2484
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Hi.  The first time, it's always hard.  Do you have an amicable relationship with her father?  Maybe you can set some rules so that you can call and check up often, just to ease your mind.  While it's hard now, it does get easier as you settle into a routine with the dad.  You have to think of the positive-some YOU time.  As a new mom, I'm sure you need it.  Good luck and hugs!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Congratulations on your new daughter!  I hope that her father's visit goes well.

Quoting Kaydanse26:

Hi im a new single mom. Had my daughter on 11/26. I am having trouble adjusting to raising my daughter alone. Her father left me at three months and has just recently decided he wants to be in her life. His first visit will be this weekend and im so scared to be away from her.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Welcome. The first few times are by far the hardest, then it gets easier each time. You may even begin to enjoy the time off. I sure did, but it took awhile to get there. Do whatever you can to keep your downtime to a minimum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettyface1
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Welcome to the group. It things will get better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)