Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you think of this! I'm exhausted and pissed!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

Parent 1: You know, the kids are sick. I was wondering if you want the boys tonight? All four are sick with the flu and I cannot hold them all at once. I know that they would have more one on one attention with you since you have family to help you. Would you be willing to meet tonight?

Parent 2: I would but I wont be able to make it to *** till really late

Parent 1: Whenever is fine. How late?

Parent 2: Would be like 11 maybe 10:30

Parent 1: Would ur mom be opposed to me driving all the way there?

Parent 2: I'll call and ask

Parent 1: K

Parent 2: Parents wont be home tonight, and I wont make it back in time, I can drive up there to get them as soon as I can, but wont be till late.

Parent 1: Thats alright then. See you tomorrow then.

Parent 2: Do you want to meet earlier tomorrow then?

Parent 1: I have to take my van to the shop in the morning. I have to be at the shop by 9:45, so 8 am is okay or 4pm like planned.

Parent 2: ok. I might be able to do that if I wake up in time, I could message you in the morning if I can make it

Parent 1: Ok. Message by 7 so I can get the kids into the car in time.

Tell me what you think about this conversation. Parent 2 never did message in the morning and the kids ended up with parent 2 by 4pm as per the original agreement.

I am angry because I am thinking one of these parents doesn't want to be a fracken parent. Please tell me your oppinions.
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MysticLove
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Sounds like P1 doesn't want the kids cause their sick so they are trying to change an agreed time to get out of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crysrey1
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I'm not sure..maybe parent 1 is just over whelmed with 4 little kids having the flu.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 kid with the flu is tough I can't imagine 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Thank you everyone. I thought so too on every point made.

For clarification: All of the kids are babies (infant, toddler and two preschoolers). Parent 1 was asking parent 2 to take the toddler and 2 preschoolers, but not the infant. Parent 2 had a party to go to and wouldn't be able to leave party until after 11 at night. Parent 2's parents house is where all of the boys go to for visitation since parent 2 doesn't want children in his house and doesn't actually want to care for children. The preschoolers are special needs and the older one needs to be watched very carefully when ill because of medical problems. Parent 1 was also ill and hadn't slept for three days by the time the message was sent. The parents live 2 and half hour apart. Parent 2, before this conversation happened, said that visitation would still happen or parent 1 would be brought to court for contempt. Since visitation was going to happen anyway, parent 1 thought it would be helpful if there were more adults to help with the sick kids. Parent 2's household consists of four adults and a teen on visitation weekends. Parent 1 has no family or friends who can help since they had moved to where parent 2's family lives and away from parent 1's family and friends. Parent 1 was not trying to pawn the kids off. Parent 2 hasn't even seen the infant or the toddler for four weeks and had returned the preschoolers early from last visitation due to a party the parent "needed" to attend. Parent 1 was just asking for help in the only way parent 1 knew how to.

Thank you for the insight, though. Everyone is right. Parent 1 needed to just suck it up and deal with it. This was the first time parent 1 has ever asked parent 2 to help with the kids. This will also be the last time.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Sounds to me like p1 asked for p2 to deal with sick kids. P2 was willing to help but couldnt until later. Im not seeing the problem...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM
That's really rough and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I wouldn't, though send sick kids, or my kids in general, to a person who clearly doesn't care about them. When their sick they want comfort, familiarity, and their mama. Sorry their dad is a douche, but he is who he is.

Quoting Kenre:

For clarification: All of the kids are babies (infant, toddler and two preschoolers). Parent 1 was asking parent 2 to take the toddler and 2 preschoolers, but not the infant. Parent 2 had a party to go to and wouldn't be able to leave party until after 11 at night. Parent 2's parents house is where all of the boys go to for visitation since parent 2 doesn't want children in his house and doesn't actually want to care for children. The preschoolers are special needs and the older one needs to be watched very carefully when ill because of medical problems. Parent 1 was also ill and hadn't slept for three days by the time the message was sent. The parents live 2 and half hour apart. Parent 2, before this conversation happened, said that visitation would still happen or parent 1 would be brought to court for contempt. Since visitation was going to happen anyway, parent 1 thought it would be helpful if there were more adults to help with the sick kids. Parent 2's household consists of four adults and a teen on visitation weekends. Parent 1 has no family or friends who can help since they had moved to where parent 2's family lives and away from parent 1's family and friends. Parent 1 was not trying to pawn the kids off. Parent 2 hasn't even seen the infant or the toddler for four weeks and had returned the preschoolers early from last visitation due to a party the parent "needed" to attend. Parent 1 was just asking for help in the only way parent 1 knew how to.

Thank you for the insight, though. Everyone is right. Parent 1 needed to just suck it up and deal with it. This was the first time parent 1 has ever asked parent 2 to help with the kids. This will also be the last time.

shudderette
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Quoting Kenre:

well... he offered to come get them late that night. since it was a special problem maybe you should have considered taking his offer. Or maybe he could have come to stay w u at your house to help u out. odd as it sounds being a parent sometimes involves you helping the other parent be a better parent. I have no idea what I just said, sorry, guess I'm too tired to be posting. goodnight!
anthonysmom1012
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM

expectations of the other parent participating more then they are makes the other parent crazy

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Quoting LifeCafe42:

1 kid with the flu is tough I can't imagine 4

hugs mama.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)