Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

seriously feels like my life should be on the lifetime network right now

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
Okay... ill try to condense this As well as i can...

Early November, we took my son to the doctor because he had bump on his bottom. we found out then that there was probably sexual abuse. his fathers family had a history of sexual abuse so he wasn't allowed to see his father and they started an investigation.

A week later i was horribly sick and dehydrated. i ended up in the emergency with moderate to severe dehydration and they found out i have a liver disease.

A short while after that, we find out my son has hpv 6. the strain of hpv that causes genital warts. so at this point, they're saying 90-95% chance of sexual abuse but they have no idea who did it and there's no blood test for hpv. only pap tests and biopsies of live lesions can test for hpv. i end up getting tested. i don't have the strain my son does. i have a different one (i couldn't have given him the strain he has). I have hpv 18, which is the one that causes cancer. my pap also came back abnormal...and with the history of cancer in my family, thru doctor was very concerned.

So i had to have a colposcopy done and they took biopsies. luckily no cancer... only precancerous cells.

At the end of December, they closed the sexual abuse investigation because they had no idea who would have done it and my son is too young and lacks the verbal skills to be interviewed.

Now last night at work i got a note from my manager to contact a person named eve because she wants to help me keep my son. i had NO idea what that was about. i was freaking out all night.

So i called her this morning. turns out eve is my sons fathers girlfriends grandma. she said my sobs father is filing for full custody and she doesn't think its right. she said he's insane and a compulsive liar. she said he doesn't care about josiah. And apparently he tried to run her over! and his gf is bipolar and unstable. i was so glad to talk to her. she said she will do whatever she can to support me and keep my precious baby safe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Oy Molly I know life has been nuts your DS's father has no chance in hell of getting custody of him after all of that you know I'm here for you and love you lots!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Wow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tattdmom2prncss
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Holy cow! I'm so sorry you're being put through all this & congrats to you, Super Mom for pushing through! I hope & pray everything works out for you & your son & that hes never with those abusive insane people again!

mollymae09
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Thank you dear. this is all just pure insanity!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Oy Molly I know life has been nuts your DS's father has no chance in hell of getting custody of him after all of that you know I'm here for you and love you lots!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Bump
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Just be careful when you talk to her, don't give her too much personal information!!!!

For all you now, she is working with them and trying to manipulate you. 

I'm not trying to be cynical, just warning you. 

Good luck!

mollymae09
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh i didn't give her any personal info besides a number to reach me at (not my personal cell.) Cause i thought the same thing. but everything she said really fit with everything else. i pretty much listened to what she had to say, she said she would testify if it ever actually did go to court (my sons father is insanely lazy). I got her name and address and all that. i also contacted the cps worker that handled our case and told her about it.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Just be careful when you talk to her, don't give her too much personal information!!!!

For all you now, she is working with them and trying to manipulate you. 

I'm not trying to be cynical, just warning you. 

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:10 AM
How old is your son?
mollymae09
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:14 AM
2 1/2

Quoting mrsary:

How old is your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM
OMG! He had to get the HPV from somewhere and that young it probably wasn't toilet seats!

Quoting mollymae09:

2 1/2

Quoting mrsary:

How old is your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)