Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I go?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

SO me and my baby daddy are not together any more but he is with another girl. Happy that he is still in our son's life but he wants our son to meet his side of the family witch is in CA (we are in GA btw). I still have feelings for him and he wants to take me and our son next month or the month after. He is taking me cuz i refuse to let our son to just travle with his daddy......should we go?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

YES!!  Your son deserves to go. 

Tetiry92
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Depends is your son old enough to make the trip comfortably, can you afford it etc and will your feeling affect your sons enjoyment of the trip.... I whole heartedly agree with not letting him travel alone with his dad btw
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mel-mel20
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:29 AM

my baby boy will be 2 months next month old. the baby daddy is going to be getting us one ways then we r all driving back to GA in his car that he left in CA.

i am hoping that my feelings wont get the best of me.....

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I wouldn't.

Your previous post sounded like he is not really planning to be involved in the way a father should be.  Sounds to me he just wants to show off a baby who he is not supporting or truly caring about.

Why make it any harder on yourself, by developing any further attachment to them? 

Good luck!

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM
2 moms liked this

So let me get this straight... he is flying you out and you are driving back in a car you know nothing about for a 2000 mile or so drive alone with a 2 month old baby??? That sounds odd to me..Why can't he just send you a round trip ticket?? If he plans it far enough in advance he can get a really good price. I would not do it in the situation you described...

mommyecr3
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I first want to say that you are being very mature and kind to even put some positive thought in this tough decision. Yes. I think it would be nice for his parents to meet and visit with their grandson. I agree with you that, obviously, would also need to go. This is a stepping stone in having a civil relationship between the two of you for your son. Please tell me this new girlfriend is not also going??? That would be inappropriate. Best wishes to you all!

Misha1204
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:18 AM
In my situation, I wouldn't go and I wouldn't let dd go either. If the family wants to see your son, they should come to you.....then the whole feelings thing....nope, protect yourself......that's just me.

Quoting mel-mel20:

my baby boy will be 2 months next month old. the baby daddy is going to be getting us one ways then we r all driving back to GA in his car that he left in CA.

i am hoping that my feelings wont get the best of me.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyecr3
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Maybe I read this wrong, but I thought mom stated that he is in the child's life and wants to be. I agree that he needs to promise some sort of continued relationship with baby and pay child support. How about if you do go you figure that out while you're there and hope that his parents will step up to agree with that. There should be no question of him supporting baby. Maybe you could hold off on trip for a bit to have court hearing to make it a contract. I also agree with others who say you driving bk alone is NOT RIGHT!

Quoting Ridingsolo:

I wouldn't.

Your previous post sounded like he is not really planning to be involved in the way a father should be.  Sounds to me he just wants to show off a baby who he is not supporting or truly caring about.

Why make it any harder on yourself, by developing any further attachment to them? 

Good luck!

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
This post sounds like it. But she had made a previous post a few days ago, explaining her whole situation, and it sounded like the father was moving on with his life and not interested.

I think dragging a little baby that far, given the fathers track record, is wrong. Him expecting her to drive back alone is wrong. If they have decided to truly have an interest, then they can come to her.

Just my opinion though.

Quoting mommyecr3:

Maybe I read this wrong, but I thought mom stated that he is in the child's life and wants to be. I agree that he needs to promise some sort of continued relationship with baby and pay child support. How about if you do go you figure that out while you're there and hope that his parents will step up to agree with that. There should be no question of him supporting baby. Maybe you could hold off on trip for a bit to have court hearing to make it a contract. I also agree with others who say you driving bk alone is NOT RIGHT!

Quoting Ridingsolo:

I wouldn't.

Good luck!

stillstandin246
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I think baby is very young to be flying from GA to CA and then driving back. And if the new gf is going to be riding back in the car, I would definitely not go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN