Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stuck in the middle please help!!!! My daughters moving away!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am a single mom with mon-Friday with my 3yr old and Friday- Sunday with my 6 year old both girls, my ex, father of my oldest is moving her to her third school, and far away from me and her sister! Do I pick up, relocate, and move my youngest? I only have weekends with her and am very afraid I will loose touch. I was suppose to get more involved with her school but now she's moving to a way different school! And not to mention she's having emotional problems with me cause she can't express her scared and sadness to her dad so she is a wreck with me which stresses me out way more! Help what do I do or say to her?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy5912
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM

If he is moving out of state you go to the court house and ask for it not to be allowed and that he remain in the same state with your DD...If he moves and is unable to provide you with your weekends that puts him in to contempt of court....Go Monday to the courts and petition for him not to be allowed to leave state with your DD

May i ask why you are not the custodial parent?

Momandhergirls
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM

He not leaving the state. He's moving to the other side of the island!

mommy5912
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Then all I can suggest is either A) file in court for more visitations since he will be further away and since he is moving ask that he pay travel expenses...For example ask for every other holiday...certain school vacations and so many weeks in the summer...or B) wait till he moves and can't get your DD to her visitations with you and then file contempt since you now are not getting your visitations

Quoting Momandhergirls:

He not leaving the state. He's moving to the other side of the island!

Momandhergirls
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Should I move to be closer to my oldest and change my youngest life ?

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Well is he moving to a different school because it is better for her?  If that's the case I wouldn't fight it!

How far away will they be?  Can't you still take her on the weekends like you have been, even if it's a bit of a drive? 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

how are you.  Do you have a court order allowing the scenario to happen?  If the court order says he can't move her away, get he ball rolling and take him back to court.   For you it might be suggested to talk to a therapist how to communicate to your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN