Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

:'( sorry guys just venting

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

ughh I just feel so alone. My one and only close friend whose practically my sister is about to go back to college in a couple of days and ill have no one. And all my "friends" who I use to be close with stopped talking to me when they found out i was pregnant/had my kid. I live with my family but there always busy usually. I can't work because I don't have the money to put my baby in daycare or pay for a babysitter while at work. So i feel like im stuck at my house with no one to talk to and nothing to do (well besides take care of my baby). I feel like everyone is moving on with there life but me.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momandhergirls
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM

That's normal I'm a young mom to, I had one at 18 then at 23 and single mom of both! Hang in there where do u live? I'm in Hawaii! I'm 26 now!

youngmommy413
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I just hate change and there's so much happening all at once i dont know how to handle it! Im 19 and live in texas and also single

zombiemommeh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand, a lot of my friends and family stopped talking to me when they found out I was pregnant. The ones that do still talk to me are away at school or working all of the time. Just hang in there. Try to go to DHS to get childcare assistance. They'll pay for a babysitter if you're in school or working.

anthonysmom1012
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:17 AM

I know the feeling.  they have young mom groups everywhere  Try it out! 

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:35 AM

How old is your baby?  I am in the same situation, with baby all the time. 

I make "me time" everyday by going to my gym for a few hours.  It's my social time and workout time, all in one.  My gym has a very nice childcare facility, where they take babies as young as 6 weeks old.  The childcare is only an extra $22/month. 

You might try looking into the gyms in your area and see if there is a good one to go to? 

You need to make time for yourself each day!  You'll be a better mom for it.

Cenedra64
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I was going to suggest getting daycare asst thru social services too. Helped me a lot after divorce. Getting out going to work will introduce you to a lot more social scenes. And youll develop a variety of friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 PM

have a nice day 

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Have you checked into child care assistance? You need to get out of the house and make new friends you can relate to. Look into single parenting or mommy and me groups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN