Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

**long**My exbf hasn't called our dd3 in over two weeks!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 23 Replies
He was calling ALL the time. But since he left after Christmas he hasn't contacted her at all. The couple of times we exchanged texts or emails he didn't even ask about her.

At Christmas I had to tell him, again, that I wasn't interested in getting back together. It's been two years.

Anyway, he always said, from the beginning, that if I wasn't part of the deal then he wouldn't be in her life.

I just wonder if that's why he hasn't called. Should I call him and ask? I don't want to fight. Everything I've done since the day I found out I was pregnant with dd was to ensure he was in her life in some way.

If he walks away now...after she knows him and has memories of him....I'll never forgive him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Have your dd call him to see if he answers the phone.  If he doesn't she can leave a message to call her. 

sthflachk
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I ask her every time she talks about him and every night if she wants to call him. She says no. :-( she's been like this since she went to see him for a week in August. Since August it has been very rare she actually wants to talk to him. I don't know how to deal with either one of them!

Quoting brieri:

Have your dd call him to see if he answers the phone.  If he doesn't she can leave a message to call her. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sthflachk:

I ask her every time she talks about him and every night if she wants to call him. She says no. :-( she's been like this since she went to see him for a week in August. Since August it has been very rare she actually wants to talk to him. I don't know how to deal with either one of them!

Quoting brieri:

Then just wait, maybe per chance he will call sometime in the future.  When he does, say to him dd wants to talk to you and tell her its daddy.   (if you have a speaker phone put it on so he can listen to the convo, so your not making things up, in case she says no.).   

sthflachk
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Yeah...it is just frustrating. He hasn't even called me. Just text and email. I guess I'll wait. I think the longer it takes though the more pissed I'll be!

Quoting brieri:

Quoting sthflachk:

Quoting brieri:

Then just wait, maybe per chance he will call sometime in the future.  When he does, say to him dd wants to talk to you and tell her its daddy.   (if you have a speaker phone put it on so he can listen to the convo, so your not making things up, in case she says no.).   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookiecounter
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I know exactly what you are going through. I broke it off with my so about a year ago and he has said multiple times that he wont be involved in ds life unless I am too. Its really frustrating. I want to move one but it makes it so hard when he acts like that. I am so afraid that he is going to leave and not be involved in his life and that breaks my heart. Honestly its just a way for him to still control me and I hate that I fall for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Exactly. It's all about control. That's why I'm thinking I won't call him out on it. Just let it be. If he doesn't want to be in her life it is his choice. I've done all I can to make sure he is but I'm done. Besides, I think if I say anything he will just try to manipulate me in some way.

Quoting cookiecounter:

I know exactly what you are going through. I broke it off with my so about a year ago and he has said multiple times that he wont be involved in ds life unless I am too. Its really frustrating. I want to move one but it makes it so hard when he acts like that. I am so afraid that he is going to leave and not be involved in his life and that breaks my heart. Honestly its just a way for him to still control me and I hate that I fall for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this
My sons father hasn't called my son in YEARS. Do not call him. You can't force him to be a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM

hmm, makes me wonder, I have two kids of my own, guess I was never a parent because I never called them. stick out tongue mini

sthflachk
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I don't understand your comment.

Quoting brieri:

hmm, makes me wonder, I have two kids of my own, guess I was never a parent because I never called them. stick out tongue mini

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Quoting sthflachk:

I don't understand your comment.

Quoting brieri:

No?   During the days my kids were growing up, my kids has been living with dad.  The kids have every right to call me, write me, visit me, whatever it may be.  I could not call them because the court said I was not allowed to.  I could very well get into mucho trouble if I did.  sunglasses mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN