Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Custody?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 2 Replies

My son's father is trying to take me to court to take custody away from me.

But, He has not called to see how our son is doing, his reason is because our son is not his. I told him to get a DNA test done. But yet hasn't called. He is an addict on pills. He has been arrested. His job fired him because of it. I have proof he was doing illegal activity. He is living out of a motel. I gave him one day to show me he could be a father and he took my son to his granmothers house so he can do an errand.I believe as a parent you just don't pawn your child off when you got one little thing to do. He is trying to claim my son on his taxes just for the money, but he hasnt been the one taking care of him or being there for him or paying for what he needs. I don't think he should be able to claim a child for one he doesn't believe is his. On thurday before X-mas he was suppose to come see our son but he kept putting off and off he told me he was with his old boss come to find out he was with his ex-girlfriend. Even when we were still together when our son was first born he wouldn't wake up with baby if he was crying, I would HAVE to tell him to change his diaper or the baby is hungry, then it just got to the point to where he wasn't doing anything. Im not perfect but I make sure I am doing what have to do to make sure my son is well taken care of. i have never been arrested let alone a ticket, I have a job. I have not done drugs. I have not and will not put anything before my son.

So cany anyone please tell me honestly what kind of chance does he have of getting custody?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM

He can't claim the child on his income tax, don't let him.  If he does make sure you report him.  As for the custody, I'm not so certain, but from most women here have told me, he won't get it.  

shudderette
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

none. ha. he doesn't have a chance. once they do a paternity test and confirm its his child then he might get visitation but they'll make him pay child support too. No worries, mama, they will not take a baby away from a good mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)