Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

DS hasn't seen dad in a year no CS for 4 years more details inside

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 3 Replies

I've had the CS case dropped twice. We got back together the first time and the second time I had it dropped because I was pressured by family(like as if I had a gun to my head figure of speech) and also it was a must in order to be eligible for SSI for our son who is autistic and it was the last time for good BD and I were over. I told him I'd never re open the case again. He was still in our son's life, seen him every other weekend, no court ordered visitation, it was worked out without that. Then there was trouble once he moved into his parents house, rather MOTEL. Yes his family was so piss poor they lived (and the grandma) in a motel. This was a year ago and BD got in trouble with the law along with his sister and have to pay a huge fine for theft. They were caught stealing copper pipes! He didn't have a job for the longest time and was doing community service. Because he had to drive himself and his sister to wherever the people meet up for community service work, he told me he couldn't see our son because 1.) He didn't have enough gas and 2.) They kept him working throughout all hours of the day into the mid morning. And 3.) He was very tired. BULLSHIT!

Lately I heard (from our mutual friend) that he's finished community service but still has the fine to pay. He has moved in with him and guess what? He lives 7 min away from us AND HAS A JOB. He works 2nd shift as a dishwasher. I work 1st shift, now don't you think he could find a way now to see his son or keep for a few hours, now that he lives closer even though it's only temperary? Temperary in his case could mean years of saving, just like the move to the MOTEL was temporary and that was for 3 years! He spends his money on video games and new stuff for his laptop. I mentioned this on another post, but he only bought our son a birthday present but no Xmas present. And the gift was exchanged by our mutual friend. And he's supposedly seeing a counselor whose telling him he shouldn't see his son. WTF?! I am thinking I should get his ass back in court for support. But would I be able to re open the case after it being done once before? I never said he couldn't see his son. I did all the driving back and forth dropping our son to the MOTEL (sorry caps it's just that insane don't you think?). He has a vehicle too! Any encouragement would be nice.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lextjmom0709
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Sounds like my ex dh im dropping our second cs case on the 16, its easier to not deal with it then deal with his crap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Get custody, child support and visitation set up in court. Stop making it easy for him to not help financially support his son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I think you are allowed to open it again as many times as you like, but the downside is it'll hurt your credibility because they will most certainly as you why do you keep coming to court to change the same thing over and over. Personally, I'd put him on CS and never  take him off.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN