Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you find time to date, and find a guy wanting to date someone with kids?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

I find it hard to fit in time to go get my nails and hair done. Let alone fit in time to find someone, and go on a date. Mon-Fri I go to work, pick up kids, cook, and go to bed. Weekends are sleep in, relax, and get the kids out of the house. I don't know how other moms do it, and still have the energy to do it.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cem1045
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree! I have a similar schedule and there is no time or energy left over, and I do not agree with carrying my daughter on a date. I do not have a problem with finding guys who want to date women with kids, they dont seem to mind. I do have trouble finding a guy who is worth time away from my kid though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Yep, I'm in the same situation. My guess is the moms have babysitters or family support. For me, I don't have any family support and cant afford the extra daycare costs. I don't plan on dating for a long time.
cem1045
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I agree! I have a similar schedule and there is no time or energy left over, and I do not agree with carrying my daughter on a date. I do not have a problem with finding guys who want to date women with kids, they dont seem to mind. I do have trouble finding a guy who is worth time away from my kid though!
cem1045
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Oops accidentally reposted..
cem1045
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I do have great family support, but they watch her when I'm working, I would feel bad asking them to watch her so i can go hang out to, they do so much already...I'm feel awful u do not have family support, I am not sure how I would have made it this far, i am still working on a plan to afford an apartment and daycare at the same time!
abusednotbroken
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I could recommend one thing--just cook on the weekend. Pick about 4 hours and get all burners on the stove going with what you want to eat for the week. Arrange any other foods in a similar way. my oldest is in kindergarten. I put all her stuff for her lunches in baggies--sandwiches, crackers, etc-- and have her prepare them every day. I instructed her on how to do it and it saves a lot of time than having to do it each morning. Both practices will save you a great deal of time.

Maybe you can find another mom looking to date too and trade off watching the kids to go out on a date.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:32 PM
idk..i squeeze it in sometimes but not often.
Childofares
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I have no time for dating. I have family support but my Mom already watches my son on Saturday nights while I work and I spend my Friday nights and every available moment I have studying as I'm working and going to school full time. My Mom always offers if I ever want to go out..in fact she is encouraging it but I wouldn't have anyone to go with even if I thought I could justify it.

cem1045
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM
That sounds exactly like me, I guess we need to go somewhere to meet someone to have a date with. My little girl is almost 2 and her dad n i had a horrific split, it may be that I haven't been ready to date, so its easy to not find time.
wendythewriter
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

When I have tried to date, finding men who were okay with the fact that I had kids wasn't really a problem. The problem has always been, as others have said, finding that one that is worth giving up time with my kids (or reading, or watching a movie, or...watching paintr dry. lol).

I think, for me, at this point, I've just accepted that I don't really want to date right now. I think if I did want to date, I would find a way to make it happen - kind of like I did when I was single without kids. I found ways to get off of work, ditch a friend, whatever to go out with the guy I wanted to go out with. And since I don't want to do that now, I figure it means I just really don't want to date.

Every now and then I do dip a toe into the waters, see what's out there. It usually doesn't go anywhere. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)