Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you find time to date, and find a guy wanting to date someone with kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I find it hard to fit in time to go get my nails and hair done. Let alone fit in time to find someone, and go on a date. Mon-Fri I go to work, pick up kids, cook, and go to bed. Weekends are sleep in, relax, and get the kids out of the house. I don't know how other moms do it, and still have the energy to do it.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Replies (21-29):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM

io had supportive family when they were younger that didnt mind watching them, and when they were older i just left them at home or they went to a friends (mine are 18 and 14 mind you)

i never had an issue finding men who would date a mother.

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

My mom looks after my son, she used to babysit when I would go out.  Plus my ex would pick up my son weeks, made things much easier.  I did have problems with men date a mother who had a child.  I would let them know the first date, and wouldn't call the following day.  Some didn't mind, I guess it just depends on the guy.  

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:00 AM
If/when thr tome is right you will know it and make time for yourself and get out there. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I have no interest in dating. I figure if I'm supposed to meet some one, it'll happen when its meant to. Like at work maybe. I just applied at the bank yesterday.
justahousewife
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM
My children stay with my aunt most Saturdays. It's like tradition because I always stayed with my aunt on the weekends growing up. We're really close. So I make a point of going out Saturday night. I won't get a babysitter just to date but the really good ones respect me for it.

I have found a few really great men who don't have a problem getting serious with a mom or stepping up as a good male role model for the kids. My biggest incompatibility is my lifestyle, my little farm and growing what we eat. Men respect it but not many want to work that much, be tied down as much and the commute to the city has been a deal breaker too.

I basically work three jobs. I farm full-time 9 months a year (10hrs/so the rest of the year), I write full-time year round and now I'm coaching clients. I NEED a weekly break just to keep my head straight. Lol
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Online dating lol  I have found this to be the best way to do it, with online dating you post your profile and wants and dislikes and when the kids are in bed check your mailbox, if you like someone you start back if you don't you delete, makes easier because your profile states your a mother so if they email you , you know they are ok with it and doing it this way you have the luxury of answering back when  you have time. And once you find someone you like and have spoke with for a while set a date and find a sitter for the night. It's hard at first to put the effort but once you do it pays off.

abusednotbroken
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Yeah, work, kids, school.....whew!!! But, after you're done with school. I'd imagine you'd have a lot more time to do it and be better of financially. Good for you!

Quoting Childofares:

I have no time for dating. I have family support but my Mom already watches my son on Saturday nights while I work and I spend my Friday nights and every available moment I have studying as I'm working and going to school full time. My Mom always offers if I ever want to go out..in fact she is encouraging it but I wouldn't have anyone to go with even if I thought I could justify it.

michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids dad has them every other weekend. I met my bf in August. We talked for about a week and then went on an actual date. I made it clear that I have kids and they come first. We only saw each other every other weekend for about 6 weeks. Then, he got a new job, where he works at 3. I'm off on Monday and work at 1 on Wednesday, so we see each other then(kids are in school). My mom has occasionally stayed with the kids(after they go to bed) so we could go out. Usually there was a reason(an event or something going on). He hasn't met the kids yet, but we have talked about it, and will soon. Everyone has been sick lately, so after everyone is well. Then, it will be easier, because he could come over for dinner or go do stuff with us. He has no kids, but is great with them. He has a niece and nephew he helped his sister raise, who are my kids age. That makes a big difference. I wasn't 't looking for a relationship, it kinda just happened.
Lilyanahs_Mom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM
My little girl will be 3yrs old in june and I pretty much been single since I found out I was pregnant with her...i think im scared to date because I think guys dont want to date women with kids and my little girl is mommas girl so I dont think I can get myselft to leave her wit a sitter even if its for a little bit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN