Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How is it being a single mom?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

Im finding myself to not be very happy in my relationship.. i am just curious how things have been going for some people being a single mom, b/c i think thats where im headed and i am Very nervous :/

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I love it! I have freedom (well as much as any mother does. Lol) and I am the decision maker. I get to raise DS how I see fit, no compromising. It's tough too. Sometimes it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. May I ask why you want to end your relationship?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
efarrugia
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM

its tough, but in a good way. I left my husband when my son was 9 weeks old. mentally I'm happierhappier, and I've come to realize that I do need to ask for help once and a while. but staying together would have made us all.miserable and would have been setting a bad example for my son. I often feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and get frustrated, but turning to God and my friends and family have helped. I've been divorced for 8 year's. the main thing I struggle w is loneliness at this point. my ex and I are finally on good terms and we actually get complimented on our ability to get along and do things together for our son. I can say it's hard at times, and easy at times.

wigglesmomma22
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm with the first poster.  It is very refreshing not to argue with their dad and to be able to do things on your terms.  On the flip side, I'm not going to lie, its difficult.  There are days where I am dying to get a break and it just never happens.  I'm a single mom with no support system.  My mom and I don't have the best relationship and her dad isn't any help with the exception of when he takes our DD.  He is pretty consistent with that.  I am a full time student, I work part time and take care of my DD and have a bf.  As difficult as it all is, I would absolutely do it all again to be where I'm at in life (and this is a particularly rough day for me, if that means anything to you).  I have found my best friend after I was done with my DD's dad.  My BF is so sweet, wonderful, and understanding.  I can't say enough good things about him.  I don't recommend making your decision lightly because it will be difficult, you'll probably question if you've done the righ thing (I have many times), but I stopped asking myself that when I realized how much happier I was..

BraydensMom20
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

there are several reasons that i dont really feel like getting into, but we are both young parents im 20 hes 21, and i feel as though ive grown up and realized my responsibilities as a mom and what needs to be done and he is still very immature and not ready to be a parent. I give him credit when it comes to school (hes about to graduate from NIU in one year) and hes working a part time job (and i dont expect much more with a full load of classes) but when it comes to our relationship and his relationship with his son there just isnt much of one.. and that is whats most important in life.

BraydensMom20
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM

How has your son handled the divorce growing up? If you dont mind me asking

huntersmom88
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM
If you guys can try counseling do that first...I'm a single mom and it's hard!!!! Left my ex after numerous beatings and I tried to stay with him for my son but better off alone if the relationship is that bad...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
firsttime_mom27
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very difficult, especially being in a town without my parents around to help and my sons dad isn't helpful at all when my son is sick and I have to miss work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I don't know anything else and wouldn't have it any other way! I love being a single mom. No one to argue with. All decisions are mine and I'm raising my son the way I want him raised. I've done a pretty good job the last 16.5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_236
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I really do love it but I get very loney, just having someone to talk to on a daily bases. but i like how I can go out whenever I want to.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
The parenting part is good. I get to do what I want in terms of parenting. I get every other weekend free when they go to their dads. The worst part is loneliness I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)