Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stressed..and need to vent

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am on the verge of tears and sick to my stomach.  Tomorrow starts my last year of school and I'm so anxious I just about can't stand myself.  I'm broke, I work part time, get student loans and I'm applying for scholarships, but I have this constant looming feeling of "Holy shit, How am I going to pay for this year" in my head.  I have a budget, I've meal planned and I'm applying for FS (its been a month and I haven't heard back yet).  I've been stressed all week and nothing I do relieves it.  I'm sitting here just rolling these thoughts through my head for even being in this situation.  My budget says I will be ok, but I don't know how I will afford Christmas or birthdays.  I know I will make it, I have to...but I feel like I'm pyschotic tonight.  I think I'm gonna take a hot shower and come down and start applying for more scholarships.  I don't know if I need advice, or words of encouragement.  I'm just tired of being in this situation. Single mom with no support system.  I can't see past tomorrow.  My bf tries to help, but he doesn't understand what I"m going through, plus I don't tell him my financial issues.  I don't have a great relationship with my family, my mom only texts to ask about my daughter.  Any advice on how to make more money, get scholarships, and stay sane this year would be fantastic...

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
irocksocks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Bump! I'm feeling the same way right now! I work PT, go to college FT, and can barely afford the fuel for my car, let alone the college payments :/ I hope things for both of us get better soon!

RNmomofboys
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

dont give up!! when i was in school I was married and still broke!! but had i not finished and got a great job which lets me support my 3 kids by myself..i would be even more stressed...there is a light at the end of the tunnel...i hope it gets better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)