Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Daycare issues.. Opinions needed!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

Is it weird for my son to go to his step mothers house for daycare when I'm working during the week? She doesn't work, and it saves me money for daycare, but it also adds an extra hour of driving there and back to my commute for work, 2 hours if you include driving home.He was going to my neighbors, and I love him going there, but his father has refused to pay for that.

Would you try and get extra money so you can still take him to your neighbors (and thus save money on fuel) or just take him to his step mothers (and not have to pay for daycare, but pay for fuel instead)?

Sorry if this is confusing, it's hard to explain.

Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!"
— Bob Marley

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
If SM is available and you trust her, I would prefer family than paying a neighbor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM
In my state the cost of daycare is factored in to child support. If he wants to avoid that cost being partially passed on to him, he needs to help with transportation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amantonacci
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM

whichever is easier and most financially beneficial to you. it seems like they are both good options

irocksocks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting conniejo75:

If SM is available and you trust her, I would prefer family than paying a neighbor.

I honestly trust my neighbor more then her. Stepmom has only known DS for 8 months, and the neighbor has known and watched DS for about 2 years

I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
— Bob Marley

irocksocks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

In my state the cost of daycare is factored in to child support. If he wants to avoid that cost being partially passed on to him, he needs to help with transportation.

I'm currently getting ready to take him to court for CS in a few months, after i get the money ready for it. He was paying me 125$ a week for CS(and that only paid for the daycare, nothing else), but has been giving me less because he says he got a pay cut.

I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
— Bob Marley

yezay
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I get 100 a week. I don't like sending ds to dads if I can avoid it because then it looks like he has him more time than he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM

If she was closer, it would be perfectly approrpriate. However, so HE can save a buck and not help out with some of his parental responsibilities, you're having to add drive time, gas costs, and wear/tear on your vehicle so his wife can watch your kiddo. How cost effective is that for you, when you have someone next door that you trust and could pay (with those added costs of transporting out of your way). I would stick with your neighbor!

irocksocks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Quoting yezay:

I get 100 a week. I don't like sending ds to dads if I can avoid it because then it looks like he has him more time than he does.

Thats how i feel. Except now he's not giving me any money :/

I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
— Bob Marley

yezay
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Them when you go to court tho he can argue he doesn't need to because he has him very day when you're at work. Even though its her that has him.

Quoting irocksocks:

Quoting yezay:

Thats how i feel. Except now he's not giving me any money :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irocksocks
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quoting grneyedormom:

If she was closer, it would be perfectly approrpriate. However, so HE can save a buck and not help out with some of his parental responsibilities, you're having to add drive time, gas costs, and wear/tear on your vehicle so his wife can watch your kiddo. How cost effective is that for you, when you have someone next door that you trust and could pay (with those added costs of transporting out of your way). I would stick with your neighbor!

I personaly think that I want to stick with my neighbor, she is much more convient. The only problem that I'm having is that I probably won't be able to afford the cost for daycare. DS's father has claimed that he is becoming very broke and can't afford to pay for daycare anymore

I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
— Bob Marley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN