Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my EX is driving me crazy.....

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

so lets see if I can make this long story short enough to keep u reading, i was married for 15 years (19 to 34) have 3 boys (16, 11 year old twins) my EX cheating on me for 3 years and after counseling and trying to work it out i left when i found out he continued to see her. I did however, have a moment of craziness, when after verbal confrontation with "the girlfriend"over the 3 years,  went to her house and had a physical altercation with her. (I admit not my finest moment) that same day, I left him for good and have never looked back since, I have since forgiven my EX for cheating on me, and realized we met when we were very young (13 years old) and I grew out of love with him. I have since met a wonderful man who is kind and loving and VERY patience with all my insecurites with trust. He loves my boys as if they were his own.....OKAY here is the crazy part, my EX is so ridiculiously mean and rude to me even though I am so nice to him and willing to always put the kids first before myself, I even went as far as apoligizing to the same, that's right he is still with "the girlfriend" and wishing them sincere happiness and no ill will. but no he cant move on...I dont want anything from him we dont exchange money support either way. we share custody of the boys, all i want is for him, for lack of a better word, to stop being a jerk to me, and making the kids feel awkward at the boys baseball games, football games. it is gotten so bad that my boyfriend just doesnt even go out of respect for the kids, because we see how nervous they get when we are all in the same area. i feel like we bend over backwards to make him comfortable and all he does is act like a child. My older son is taking it the worst, my son wants to be a fireman and my bf happens to be one, so they have bonded over that, but my son hides it from his dad becuase he is afraid he will get mad. enough is enough and i dont know how to handle it without getting anger myself. please help with some suggestions??

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoPain
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I wish I had some good suggestions but here's a bump maybe someone else can help Good Luck

joannf316
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM

iam sorry, i was maried for 4 years he cheated on me with my best friend 

RyderMomma09
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex was the same way towards me...he's the one that lied and cheated on me yet he was soooo awful to me for a very long time until recently. The only thing I can say is...misery loves company. Maybe hes just miserable and is taking it out on you. He might be jealous that you have moved on and you are happy with someone else. My ex was miserable with the bad choices he made and he made some changes and he is alot nicer now...we have arguments here and there but nothing like we used to do. All I did was call him out on his shit. I knew he was unhappy and I just straight told him to suck it up and deal with his crap. Have you tried just talking to the ex and just flat out asking him why he is so awful to you? That's all i can suggest really is to try talking to him about it and go from there. Good luck to you and I hope it gets better for you and your family!

lesgvc
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I seem to be in the same boat with you!!  I was with my hubby for 21 years actually, I guess I was more his mother than his wife. I left him and we agreed about how we would raise our 9 and 5 year old but it has now been 4 months since the split and he has paid no child support. I left and rented a house and furnished a house and bought the kids all new clothes and supplies.  He continues to be a complete jerk.  He got a girlfriend 2 months after I left him and now he thinks he is a super hero!! He finally got off the couch to schedule our kids to be baptized and informed me that I am allowed to come but I am not allowed to invite anybody. I feel your pain sister!!

TiredbutHappy1
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Know how you feel. My ex informed me on Christmas Eve that I should tell him who is coming ti ny house(had guests coming over and informed him he must leave instead of staying for an hour) & if they were staying overnight. He says he has a right to my private life. I told him to mind his own damn business and kicked him out. He us no longer permitted in my house. He must wait in the car & I will send DS out. He's pissed but oh well..tell me you have a right to invade my privacy. He can go to hell. Lol maybe that's what you need to do. Put ypur foot down and make restrictions. Also infirm him your SO will be at gamea..he dont like it he can sit somewhere elae. Starts trouble..call cops. Some men just wont grow up till you let them see you won't be nd over backwards f
TiredbutHappy1
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 AM
For them. Sorry new phone and trying to get used to it. Lol
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Thats why we are going thru my mom for weekend pickups/drop offs because he wanted to know all my business
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RNmomofboys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Thanks for all the responses....yeah i need to not enable him anymore...he is so use to getting his way when he acts like an ass...i have always avoided conflict for the kids sake because i know he will take it to 100+ when we argue...this year i am going to have my bf enjoy the boys games and just make the ex suck it up...my bf will not lose his cool in front of the kids i know that so if my ex does that will b on him..and yeah i think he has alot of regret...but oh well...not my problem anymore..thanks :)
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

dont engage with him. if hes being a jerk avoid talking to him unless you have to. if he tries to argue end the convo. he wants a reaction dont give him one.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM
*hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)