Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

HELP!! A mother in need of dating advice!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi everyone Since i left my kids father i have been single for 4 years and I want to start dating but I dont know where to start or what to say to a guy.  Im a little shy so I really dont know how to start a conversation:( HELP ME!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I let men approach me, that works for me though.  I don't know, I'm shy too and would never approach a man, just smile and be confident, they'll come to you.  

jreagan624
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Go out and have fun with your friends, and let the men approach you. It will come natural, and if your nervous just let them know and they will take the lead. :)

raeann1984
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM

you can always try dating sites

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Ha!  I'm not going to give you any advice because I'm in the same situation.  

RyderMomma09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I would say try a dating site.. I was the same way for over a year. Then I decided to try match.com and met my current boyfriend. Dating sites at least your putting yourself out there and can meet people a different way other than the usual bar scene. Doesnt have to turn into something serious just go on a couple dates and have fun and get to know some new people!!  Good luck!

justahousewife
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:22 PM
It's important to know what you want in a relationship, know your boundaries and what you're comfortable with. Everyone says be yourself but it really is good advice, if you're shy be ok with it and open about it. Don't try to put up a front thinking it'll make a better impression. Be upfront about what you want or don't want. If you go into a date with no expectations then you can only be surprised.

Good luck. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

If you joing a dating site, the guys will come to you.  Have a convo with them and see it where goes.

MomAmy77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I wish I could say some magical words to help you but Im  the same boat as well . Im recently divorced  but that was a long time  with no marriage so  it feels like  years . I dont remember what  the dating scene is anymore . Im so shy  so im clueless . Good luck and  if you  find the answers let me know

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I did online dating.  You can start there emailing some guys. At least you can get back in the swing of talking to new people.  You dont have to meet them if you dont want to, it just might be a good way to ease yourself into it.  Be careful tho!  

CBohannon
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Thanks everyone hopfully i can get over my shyness n hopfully find someone:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)